Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're wanting to add several methods to protect our 5075E (2014ish). We'll have lots and lots of other methods in place, but, does anyone know the specific wiring on the key ignition that we could add another switch to? On older cars, there are several options including power to the ignition/coil/etc... as well as the one to the starter solenoid, etc...

Any ideas, or where I can find the wiring diagram?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'll take a look. I'm struggling with how to look at the full image, it's just the smaller/blurry version. And I'm new to the forums. How do I get/see/etc... the original?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hehe, lots of great replies, thanks all! On modern Windows computers (if you're not on a mac) usually you can print to PDF, select the page number and save just that.

For the transmission, I don't know TSS or PR, but, I think it's the plain, no shuttle, 3 on the left 3+R on the right? (don't even have it yet)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP: You have a TSS transmission. (Top Shaft Synchronized)

Try this...
PERFECT! Thank you!

I watched a video where someone switched the ignition circuit instead of the starter, so that they'd think they were making progress when they weren't. Not sure what we'll do, but, this really, really helps!

And thanks for the clarification on the TSS transmission.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That was going to be my response as well. I typically put these on everything. Not only is it a deterrent but when you鈥檙e working on it it鈥檚 very easy to kill all the power and once they get to be a many years old it eliminates a wire that rubs through or a stick jammed into from taking out the whole shed.

1 tip, it is better if you can reach it from the seat. My bobcat has it on the rear and many many times I get in it just to crawl back out and go flip the switch.
Yes, I'm going to do this as well. Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
rtgt and herm, I agree completely. Our only goal is to irritate/slow them down. We are isolated enough, if they want it, they'll get it, period. But, if we can slow 'em down while the alarm is going off, then they might take off.

rtgt - the PTO safety circuit does go to the starter relay as well, so yes, if we get really creative, there are SEVERAL points we can interrupt with switches. We'll only use quality switches, soldering when needed, heat shrink and protecting, etc... so that things will last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.