Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day while I opened the hood to clean off the air intake screen I noticed that the main wiring harness on the left side just forward of the screen is getting scraped by the hood. I suspect when I shut the hood the lower edge rubs on the wires. The hood is pretty floppy so it is easy to move back and forth. I never realized it was susceptible to this type of damage so I never paid attention. I will from now on. Guess I have to fix these rubbed wires and then probably find some large wire loom or something else to put over the harness for extra protection.

Anyone else ever seen this?

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a perfect solution. And the price for the product is great. But they want $13 to ship a 1' piece of the stuff!! Ouch. Maybe if I call them they can override the default shipping and charge less for just shipping in a padded envelope or something??

Rob

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
That looks like a perfect solution. And the price for the product is great. But they want $13 to ship a 1' piece of the stuff!! Ouch. Maybe if I call them they can override the default shipping and charge less for just shipping in a padded envelope or something??

Rob
Ken will do just that - it says so on his website. He charges the default $13 when you place your order. When he packs the order he figures the actual shipping and will use the cheapest USPS rate. Then he will credit you back the difference.

He is an administrator of our forum here. If you look at some of his feedback you will see he is a high quality, high service vendor here.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked more closely at it yesterday to see how much of that Dura-wrap I might need. Turns out that the wiring harness is splitting up there so it isn't really just a neat bundle of wires and that sleeve probably won't work. I'm thinking either a big piece of wire loom cut out on the back side for the wires that split out or else I'll build myself a little piece of sheet metal to shield the area.

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Yep...the wires branch off in a couple of directions, and it isn't pretty how it was done; but I'm not sure how they could have done it any nicer. I'm curious to see what you come up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts