Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sure wish I could trade my 1025 tlb for a 2025 with a backhoe. I love my 1025r. I just need that extra power up front and the rear and definitely the higher lift in the rear. The stronger backhoe would just be a plus :). Biggest thing seems to be the 3pt lift height and then power,

I may go talk to the dealership. Not sure why. I know I’m not going to do it. Well. Atleast 99% sure I won’t do it. I’m 1% hopeful :lol:
Im not even sure what they would or could do. Guess I’m just dreaming.
If OC would share some of those wallet moths!

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Sure wish I could trade my 1025 tlb for a 2025 with a backhoe. I love my 1025r. I just need that extra power up front and the rear and definitely the higher lift in the rear. The stronger backhoe would just be a plus :). Biggest thing seems to be the 3pt lift height and then power,

I may go talk to the dealership. Not sure why. I know I’m not going to do it. Well. Atleast 99% sure I won’t do it. I’m 1% hopeful :lol:
I hate to disappoint you but something that crazy takes PJR money.:laugh:

:munch:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to disappoint you but something that crazy takes PJR money.:laugh:

:munch:
Ha. That’s the first thing that came to mind.
I’ll have to find out his secret!

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts

99% sure you won't? We'll see.........

:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Wish I could trade my 1025R fir a 2025

Ha. That’s the first thing that came to mind.
I’ll have to find out his secret!
It depends how much more you’re looking for, I don’t regret it one bit, but you don’t get a ton more than the 1025 in terms of function capacity. What you do get IMO is a lot more tractor. Comfort, visibility and traction to name a few, you’ll get about 80 lbs +/- on the FEL and almost 900 lbs of 3 point lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I thought the 2025 still uses the 260B backhoe doesn't it? Or did you mean to say stronger 3point?
It does use the same BH, and the same FEL, but you have more hydraulic pressure so therefore the capacities are a little higher.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99% sure you won't? We'll see.........

:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:
Stop crushing my dreams!! :lolol:

It depends how much more you’re looking for, I don’t regret it one bit, but you don’t get a ton more than the 1025 in terms of function capacity. What you do get IMO is a lot more tractor. Comfort, visibility and traction to name a few, you’ll get about 80 lbs +/- on the FEL and almost 900 lbs of 3 point lift.

From Deere’s website exactly what the 2025 says it does better. MOSTLY the 3pt loft height & capacity. That’s probably why there is no way I’ll uograde. I’d assume it would be no less than a $10,000 3pt upgrade unless I would have done it from the start :lolol:

I thought the 2025 still uses the 260B backhoe doesn't it? Or did you mean to say stronger 3point?
So it CAN use the BH and FEL but it comes with different ones from the factory? I’m going off of JD website

It does use the same BH, and the same FEL, but you have more hydraulic pressure so therefore the capacities are a little higher.
Are you sure? I’ve no clue. I’m going off of JD website. I have the H120 loader and the 260 BH. Website says H130 loaderand the 270A BH. Maybe y’all are referring to the 2018 1025/2025? I have the 2016. Oh and I’m not sure if there is a difference in the 260 and 260b BH on what it’s capable of. When doing a search for the 260. The B for the 1025 came up

Attachments

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
The new Gen 2025R doesn't use the H130, it uses the 120R FEL, you must be looking at specs from a Gen1 2025. 10K, I'd love to know where you got that number from, it's more like 2K, but as I said, it all depends on how much "more" you want. Maybe you should look at the larger 2R's.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new Gen 2025R doesn't use the H130, it uses the 120R FEL, you must be looking at specs from a Gen1 2025. 10K, I'd love to know where you got that number from, it's more like 2K, but as I said, it all depends on how much "more" you want. Maybe you should look at the larger 2R's.
So you are saying that they down graded the 2025?

Everything I found came straight from the Deere site. Maybe they need to update it?
https://www.deere.com/en/tractors/utility-tractors/2-family-compact-utility-tractors/2025r-compact-utility-tractor/

I just made up the $10,000 lol. I just figured by the time I traded in my 1 year old 1025 TLB for a new 2025 made into a TLB(no factory tlb right?). It would cost me

Attachments

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I still think if you are looking for a lot of increases you should look at the bigger 2R's.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still think if you are looking for a lot of increases you should look at the bigger 2R's.
Id love that. I’m sure the price increase is way to much. Just like you i didn’t think I’d use it as much when I first got it. I did get the 1025 tlb to start with so that was good. At the same time I only have under 4 acres and no garden so it’s basically a glorified wheel barrel and shovel :lolol: it will maintains about 300’ of driveway. I have a pond and 300’ of ditch. About 2 acres is a decent amount of trees. So it will always be put to work. And would love more power with the ease of the small 1 series. This bad boy goes anywhere and easily!
The 1025 is more the 3pt lift than anything. So it’s hard to go up to much. If they would bring me a new 2018 2025 tlb and take my 1025 tlb and $2000. I’d prolly do it lol. I’m also going off the stats from the pictures I put up.

I paid 20,500 18 months ago. I owe 14,000-$15,000 now

I probably would have talked myself Into the 2025 to start with if I would have know what I know know which isn’t that much lol. I knew nothing about tractors before a year ago. I use to drive my grandpas tractor in the field all the time but never put it to work.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I agree with Pat.
If you want noticeably more, start looking at the 2032.
I love my 2025R, but I didnt have a 1025R to work with first.

That said, Im not sure the 270 backhoe is all that much more power than the 2025s 260B.
They arent real clear on that part, though the loader does lift more than the 1025 with the same loader, and the backhoe should do a bit more too. How much? No idea.

Also, when looking, make sure you are looking at all the NEWEST models. I think it was mentioned before, but the specs you posted pictures of are the older model and not the same as the current model.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,408 Posts

What wallet moths, like that great southern novel, they be *Gone with the Wind*. :lol:

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
You can't have too many tractors. And you can't have a tractor that's too big. Money spent on stuff other than tractors is just wasted.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with Pat.
If you want noticeably more, start looking at the 2032.
I love my 2025R, but I didnt have a 1025R to work with first.

That said, Im not sure the 270 backhoe is all that much more power than the 2025s 260B.
They arent real clear on that part, though the loader does lift more than the 1025 with the same loader, and the backhoe should do a bit more too. How much? No idea.

Also, when looking, make sure you are looking at all the NEWEST models. I think it was mentioned before, but the specs you posted pictures of are the older model and not the same as the current model.
Apparently their site isn’t up to date. I was going to see my guy at the dealer today but he was going to be busy at my only avaialabe time. I will try and go see him Saturday for a little chit chat.

What wallet moths, like that great southern novel, they be *Gone with the Wind*. :lol:
Selfish ole man. Only thinking of himself :lolol:

I'll just leave this here if you think you need some help... :laugh:

The I'm not getting a new tractor support group thread
I still have a 1% shot! I’ll probably just head over there shortly :banghead:

You can't have too many tractors. And you can't have a tractor that's too big. Money spent on stuff other than tractors is just wasted.
What money?? SHOW ME THE :gizmo:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Step one has been done. Made it to the dealer this morning. I have some quotes to start with. I will be cleaning up LGM tomorrow to shoot my guy some pictures so he can get a trade in value.
I’m still thinking I will lose to much vs what I’m actually upgrading to made the trade but we shall see. It ain’t over till it’s over.

He was trying to see if I can keep my backhoe to save a good bit since i got a great deal to start. And get the land plane which gave me the $500 off the implement deal.
Told him probably better to just trade it all in for all new so there isn’t any problems. Anyone looked at adding a 260BH on a new tractor? My guy was thinking we could get the old bracket and make it work. I’ll just have to weld on the new seat to my old BH. Seemed like to much work even if it could happen.
I noticed the old BH has the hooks on the BH and the new BH has the hooks on the tractor. Like they flipped the design.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

John Deere dealership don’t even know what’s right lol.

He told me the 3pt lifted like 850-890 at 24” and then he handed me a spec sheet which says it lifts 915 at 24”.
He couldn’t explain why.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
John Deere dealership don’t even know what’s right lol.

He told me the 3pt lifted like 850-890 at 24” and then he handed me a spec sheet which says it lifts 915 at 24”.
He couldn’t explain why.
Who needs a dealership when you’ve got us

1 - 20 of 120 Posts