1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'll have to elaborate because the post has been deleted.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
You'll have to elaborate because the post has been deleted.
the seller must of finally sold them old jd's. he had a jd B with a steel spring seat with battery start and lights.. we had one pretty much the same at home, except for the battery start and lights. that's the type of seat that thru me off, and i broke my collar bone when i was a kid, and thus what caused me to get a new ball and socket almost 50 yrs later.
and i think their was a A and another newer jd B for sale-he wanted $7,500 for the three of them.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Old tractors sure are a lot of fun, especially if you can actually put them to work. Yes, they tend to be a bit bigger and heavier, but I have found it is actually pretty easy to justify the cost. For what my M cost innitially, there's no way I could get any modern SCUT that is as capable. Nor is there any tractor in its class with the same "coolness quotient". Its yearly repair bill all added up is almost comically small; other than sucking a lot of fuel, it is very cheap to operate. The only real downside is that old tractors often have developed a personality that the operator must work around.

A model B might be easy to justify if you have a lot of land to manage... The A might be a bit harder, but I'm sure there is a good excuse out there somewhere... like snowplowing!

If you need help justifying a classic tractor purchase in the future, let me know! :bigbeer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts