Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.. me again..ha!.. With still another month to go before I get my tractor.. I keep thinking of questions to ask and here's one thats kind of important.. I have 120 inches in my trailer.. Will this thing fit with the loader and 3pt?.. I can take the ramp/gate off at the back if I need to I suppose.. But its not designed to come off from what I can tell.. The pins for the gate are crimped I think and are gonna take some real effort to get out.. Of course a problem is only a big deal if you make it a big deal so I'll make other arrangements if I necc.. Just wondered if someone would mind running a tape measure along a 1023/25/or 26 with a loader and 3pt to confirm length.. If it is to long, can the bucket be curled in a bit to gain a few inches?.. Is it a hassle to remove the 3pt arms to gain a few inches as well?.. Just wonder if I can squeeze this thing down to 120" so I don't have to remove the gate or rent a larger trailer.. Thanks!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Can't help you on the length of a 1 series but curious of the weight rating on your trailer. Tractors are heavy, just making sure you keep that in mind.

Jim

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
With the bucket flat on the ground it is 10' to the back of the rear wheels and 11' 6" to the back of the three point hitch arms. The arms come off easy and the bucket can be rolled to be well under 10'.

Weight may be an issue with a 10' trailer. I would not carry it far and would be very careful even of the weight is within the rating.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the bucket flat on the ground it is 10' to the back of the rear wheels and 11' 6" to the back of the three point hitch arms. The arms come off easy and the bucket can be rolled to be well under 10'.

Weight may be an issue with a 10' trailer. I would not carry it far and would be very careful even of the weight is within the rating.
Gotcha'!.. Ok, the gross weight rating on the sticker for my trailer is 3000#.. Do ya' think thats enough trailer for one of these things?.. Tractor 1400lbs wet.. The loader I'm guessing is 300 or 400lbs.. Is it more?.. Is it less?.. Trailer itself weighs 730lbs I believe. I'll have to double check the sticker.. Puts me at 2300 to 2500lbs.. Thoughts?.. The truck I'll be using is new and the trailer is new with almost no miles on it so no concern with tires or weak metal and the axle will sit about dead center under the center of the tracter my my estimation.. But I don't want to play with fire either.. I'll have to tow this thing for about 3hrs on a pretty good size highway.. 110km's p/hr (60 to 65 mph).. Might look for a back way.. It'll add alot of time to the trip but safety 1st I suppose.. Thanks to all for any further input..

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I think you will get a lot of sway with that trailer. I am not saying you cannot do it, but you are skirting the limits of the single axle trailer. Not to mention at those speeds. If you have any weights or fluid to the tires you will be at or over the limit of the trailer. Just my $.02!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I "Second" BillyS. Your pushin it! Three hours of Highway Speeds Maxed Out? I wouldn't feel too comfortable! I tow quite a bit. My absolute fear is not being able to get the weight forward of the axel enough to get sufficient Tongue weight to negate the tail "wag swaying"! I'd explore your options Seriously! It's not " Kind of important" it's "Paramount Importance"!!!! I've had the trailer "wag"/sway, and once it starts, their's no 'getting it back' breaking or no! Don't take a chance! Make two trips, find a Pick-up truck buddy that could haul the loader, or something! Don't take a chance my friend! You've got too much to lose!!! ~Scotty

Edit: Just re-read! You say the "truck I'll be using...."! If it's a Pick up, Have the dealer put the loader in it! Then you can adjust weight on the trailer better! Be careful! ~S~

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just went through the same process this week to transport my new 1023E home. I was at about 2200 lbs for tractor, loader and mower. For $65 I rented a 6x12 flatbed trailer with trailer tilt for the day. The tilt made it a piece of cake (or is it easier than pie?) to load and unload. Spent another $10 to rent heavy duty ratchet tie downs. I hooked the trailer up to my diesel Grand Cherokee and did an easy 300 mile round trip. I would say spend a little extra to get the right tool for the job. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what you are paying for the tractor.

Make sure you drive the tractor far enough forward to load the trailer hitch to prevent sway. Also, if you use an open bed trailer as I did, park the tractor backwards to prevent the wind from catching the hood and tearing it off. I also bungied the seat and mower chute to keep them from flopping in the wind.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Gotcha'!.. Ok, the gross weight rating on the sticker for my trailer is 3000#.. Do ya' think thats enough trailer for one of these things?.. Tractor 1400lbs wet.. The loader I'm guessing is 300 or 400lbs.. Is it more?.. Is it less?.. Trailer itself weighs 730lbs I believe. I'll have to double check the sticker.. Puts me at 2300 to 2500lbs.. Thoughts?.. The truck I'll be using is new and the trailer is new with almost no miles on it so no concern with tires or weak metal and the axle will sit about dead center under the center of the tracter my my estimation.. But I don't want to play with fire either.. I'll have to tow this thing for about 3hrs on a pretty good size highway.. 110km's p/hr (60 to 65 mph).. Might look for a back way.. It'll add alot of time to the trip but safety 1st I suppose.. Thanks to all for any further input..
I seem to remember the weight of the H120 being more like 600lbs. Either way I think you'd be pushing it going that distance, especially at 65mph. I agree with Scotty, put the loader in the bed of the truck if possible.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I agree with the others, that trailer will be on the bare edge of what it can do. I would look into renting a flatbed trailer, or perhaps hiring to have it delivered.

Putting the loader in the truck is an option, but may be tricky to get it out when you get home.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think the gate will be an issue. It will prbably not handle the wheel loads when you load it. Rent a trailer and save the one you have to pull behind the tractor. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I would agree with others I wouldn't run that weight on a single axle for 20 miles even.

2 axle with brakes is what I would use and at least 12' and better at 14' long.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
message received boys.. thank you.. Another reason this forum just might be the best "extra" tool a guy can have in his tool box.. I'll absolutely be renting a heavier trailer for the job.. The bed of the truck is already gonna be occupied by the atv that I'm buying from the same dealer.. Both units brand new!.. No way I'm taking a chance and using the wrong equipment.. Thanks to all of you for the guidance..

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I use my Alumnia single axle trailer all the time to haul my 1026R. Works great! Heck the dealer delivered it on a small single axle trailer. I would like a bigger trailer, beings mine works I can't justify the extra $$$$. I pull it with a 2003 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer. Fantastic setup!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
I carry my 1026R with loader, 60" MMM and quick hitch on a 6' X 10' utility trailer with single axle rated at 3500 lbs. I have hauled with my Tahoe around town 60 miles or more per trip with no issues. Put the bucket down and curl it up over front edge and it fits fine. Trailer cost $1,100.00 new.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I carry my 1026R with loader, 60" MMM and quick hitch on a 6' X 10' utility trailer with single axle rated at 3500 lbs. I have hauled with my Tahoe around town 60 miles or more per trip with no issues. Put the bucket down and curl it up over front edge and it fits fine.

I haul my 1025R on a 5x10 single axle trailer with a 3500# rating, including the trailer weight. I put the bucket over the front rail to allow it to fit. Plenty of weight on the tongue that way. That being said, I am looking for a bigger trailer. I only haul it around town at slower speeds now. I would not haul it at highway speeds with the loader. However, I have done so with only the tractor on the trailer, but do not exceed about 60mph.

Dave

·
Administrator
17,986 Posts
You can also just put the bucket itself, the MMM (if your getting one?) and any other accessories in the truck bed to keep them of the trailer.

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts
You can also just put the bucket itself, the MMM (if your getting one?) and any other accessories in the truck bed to keep them of the trailer.
Psssst. Go read post #12.....:shhh:

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts
Diesel, I admire you grace, and tactfullness..... You are a true 'Bud' ! :lol:
Nah. If that were the case I would have notified Kenny in a pm or something.:lol: I know Kenny would do the same for me.:hide:

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
I use my Alumnia single axle trailer all the time to haul my 1026R. Works great! Heck the dealer delivered it on a small single axle trailer. I would like a bigger trailer, beings mine works I can't justify the extra $$$$. I pull it with a 2003 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer. Fantastic setup!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Nice setup. I have a 5x14' - 3500 lb single axle metal trailer, that I tow with my Honda Odyssey . I take it easy ,but have towed it 45 + miles to dealer . Used it for my 2210 .2305 now with the 1026r you use what you have and learn to deal with what you have.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts