·
Registered
12,241 Posts
That was funny. :lolol:

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
That was funny. :lolol:
Yeah, but those aholes should been more gentlemanly and helped her before she put her credit card in the pump. They finally came through, but I guess I have a little too much regard for the ladies to have let her struggle like that and maybe do something that might end badly.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I would certainly not have let her put that nozzle in her car but would have helped by telling her she needed the Electron 120 blend and only certain stations carried it and she needs to ask at the counter of each place she tried. :good2:

Some folks evolved from the shallow end of the gene pool. :banghead:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another blonde moment in history

:lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,319 Posts
Don't know if that vid is for real or not, but from the maniacal laughter of the guys in back, could be some
ne'er-do-wells here on GTT................:lol:

At least one had the decency to go *splain* things to her. :thumbup1gif: :laugh:

Funny as heck, but really hate to think it's real, but than again now days. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Until my father passed, throughout my teenage and adult years, his favorite story to tell was the day I filled up the car for him. I was about four at the time. My father was shaving and preparing to work the 3 - 11 shift at the paper mill. I came strutting into the bathroom and proudly told Dad I washed the windows and filled the car up for him, some late '40s vintage Chevrolet. Thinking I was just playing pretend, he gave me an atta-boy and thanked me.

About 45 minutes later, he left for work and got as far as the corner 300' away where the car started sputtering and hesitating, before dying all together. I think it was then he connected the wet spot in the road, near the rear of the car, to what had happened. Yup, I filled the car up with the garden hose.

Normally, I would have received a fresh tanning of my bottom over something like that. However, he said it was too funny and he couldn't quit laughing.

The Tesla things reminds of another childhood memory when my mother received a new to her '55 Chevrolet. We were at the gas station and neither her, nor the attendant (back when in the days of service stations when they pumped your gas) could find the filler neck. Finally, the five year old whiz kid (me) stepped out and showed them it was behind the taillight.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Until my father passed, throughout my teenage and adult years, his favorite story to tell was the day I filled up the car for him. I was about four at the time. My father was shaving and preparing to work the 3 - 11 shift at the paper mill. I came strutting into the bathroom and proudly told Dad I washed the windows and filled the car up for him, some late '40s vintage Chevrolet. Thinking I was just playing pretend, he gave me an atta-boy and thanked me.

About 45 minutes later, he left for work and got as far as the corner 300' away where the car started sputtering and hesitating, before dying all together. I think it was then he connected the wet spot in the road, near the rear of the car, to what had happened. Yup, I filled the car up with the garden hose.

Normally, I would have received a fresh tanning of my bottom over something like that. However, he said it was too funny and he couldn't quit laughing.

The Tesla things reminds of another childhood memory when my mother received a new to her '55 Chevrolet. We were at the gas station and neither her, nor the attendant (back when in the days of service stations when they pumped your gas) could find the filler neck. Finally, the five year old whiz kid (me) stepped out and showed them it was behind the taillight.
You meant '56 Chevrolet, right? My '55 had a filler on the rear left fender; the '56 behind the left tail light.

I remember a story back in the day about a kid who put Sugar Jets in his Dad's gas tank, thinking it would give it a lot of extra power.
Y

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You meant '56 Chevrolet, right? My '55 had a filler on the rear left fender; the '56 behind the left tail light.

I remember a story back in the day about a kid who put Sugar Jets in his Dad's gas tank, thinking it would give it a lot of extra power.
Y
Yes, you are correct. I'm a Mopar guy. All I know for sure about Chevrolets is they usually have the filler neck on the wrong side of the car and the distributor at the rear of the engine. God intended the filler neck be on the left and the distributor at the front of the engine.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
A friend of mine tells a story about his mother-in-law and filling the tank. His father-in-law passed away several years ago but when he was alive the MIL seldom drove. But one time she was driving and the FIL was with her and they needed gas. He directed her to a station and told her to pull up to a certain pump that was open and he got out and filled the tank.

To this day she will not get gas at any other station, and only at that particular pump, saying that's where he told her to go for gas. If that pump is busy she will wait until she can get to it. If someone else is driving her in her car she makes them go to that station and use only that pump. She apparently believes that he meant that was the only pump that had the right gas for her car and no one can convince her otherwise. :banghead: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Yeah, but those aholes should been more gentlemanly and helped her before she put her credit card in the pump. They finally came through, but I guess I have a little too much regard for the ladies to have let her struggle like that and maybe do something that might end badly.
Reminds me of the blond who came in the auto parts store looking for a part she lost. She was looking for the 710 part... Yes that would be the OIL cap, to the rest of us!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
well,

she is blonde....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts