Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Carhartt Arctic Extremes Yukon, whatever they are called double insulated coveralls. I can stay warm in the coldest of weather wearing these.

However, I am having difficulty finding anything similar for my wife. The men's coveralls, even the shortest ones don't fit at all. The crotch is at her knees, and the legs drag the ground and would be instantly muddy and snow packed.
Would like something with fairly durable fabric, but she would prefer if it were not as stiff and rough as Carhartt material. Additionally, she does not need Carhartt brown, or camo. While not a 'soccer mom', she might wear these to our daughter's marching band competitions, or a late fall football game.

Oh, and the men's coveralls don't um...flatter her either! Afterall, I want to enjoy watching her work outside this winter while I'm sitting inside in the warmth :laugh:

So, I'd like to hear some recommendations. Where can I find some warm coveralls for my petite (shivering) wife?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Maybe look at a women's snowmobile suit?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yep! Been through that here too!
We have looked everywhere for womens insulated/Arctic Duck Coveralls, and there are none it seems, just the bibs.

My wife gets issued Carhart Bibs and a Parka every couple of years, in the Womens size, and that seems to work out better, because of "Not binding where I don't understand" when trying to wear a Mens size coveralls.:dunno:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I don't live in north, but I much prefer the bib and a coat over it. As was mentioned, LESS BINDING, but also, it allows me to shed the coat, as I work into warmth, and still keep my body warm, but not sweaty.

I'm not short, so can occasionally find the men's size that fits, but I usually have to buy the next size up to get room in the bust. Yes, they get in the mud. I leave them hanging in the garage on the way indoors, and just wash them every couple of days. But, if it is that cold, the mud is frozen and I am walking on ice, so they do not get muddy too often in the winter.

As far as looking for "style", Find a ski shop. Those ski suits/coveralls can be found in very nice styles, and even attempt to flatter the shape. (How much flattery can be gained from a bulky suit?) For their price and looks, I cannot wear one out to tend to livestock, but they would look very nice going to a soccer game. You might be looking at 2 different pairs of coveralls, depending on the work she will be doing. If her work is not likely to rip, tear, destroy coveralls, then the ski suit might work for all. (They are usually 2-4 times the price of men's arctic coveralls though.)

Another thought, is to call Walls. I am lucky, and have one of their outlets within driving distance of me. More selection in women's there, than in the normal retailers, such as TSC, IIRC. (Haven't been there in several years.) Might get that way in another week of two, and can stop in and take a look for you. What I have will need to last another year.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Oh, and the men's coveralls don't um...flatter her either! Afterall, I want to enjoy watching her work outside this winter while I'm sitting inside in the warmth :laugh:
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

I'm not short, so can occasionally find the men's size that fits, but I usually have to buy the next size up to get room in the bust.
:ttiwwp: :thumbup1gif:

:hide:

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Try Sierratradingpost.com

They clearance all kinds of cold weather gear from previous seasons and tend to have some pretty good deals.

For staying warm, keep in mind she would need different layers for standing around in the cold vs doing stuff in the cold. I pick up my really cold weather outdoor work stuff at the end of hunting season in early January when everything goes 50-75% off. I don't care if it's camo.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
I don't care if it's camo.
This is one of the things that drives me nutso. It is getting to be impossible to find things that AREN'T camo. I used to buy a lot of outerwear stuff through Cabela's but now everything they carry is pretty much camo only.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
This is one of the things that drives me nutso. It is getting to be impossible to find things that AREN'T camo. I used to buy a lot of outerwear stuff through Cabela's but now everything they carry is pretty much camo only.
I think it's the Duck Dynasty connection.....For me - my outdoor work stuff gets so damn dirty it looks camo anyways. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"BodyCovers"

We appreciate all of the responses. We did some more searching, and we decided to try these: Body Covers

Has anyone ever heard of them?

Tim

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
i like berne overalls. maybe a Childs size?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts