Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the other pics of this model 60 that was at a very large estate auction two years ago, but managed to save a pic of the serial number.

The tractor was in good shape and ran. Wish I had the extra $ at the time of the auction to actually do more than just visit the preview. :cry::cry: There were acres of amazing finds at that place and I kind of knew the deceased owner. Was a two day auction and took place at two different addresses.

There was everything from horse/mule drawn equipment, to early and low serial number D's, wagons, threshers, plows galore, planters, drills, grain trucks, dozers, drag liner, combines, Rumleys, and so much more. The land was for sale first and I did enquire about the tractors and such long before any auction ever took place or was planned, but the realtor didn't appear to know much about them.

Holy Moly, that was an auction to remember. Too many brands and things for one to thoroughly enjoy in one lifetime.

Anyhow, I got a bit off topic, but a tractor nut like me is known for that kind of behavior.:lol:

Here is the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to add that the tractor was a standard or wide front. It had a decent paint job and the tires appeared to be good.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Condition, Condition, Condition!

This is like any used machine, condition is everything. And even though it maybe in prestine condition, sometimes finding the right buyer is a trick in itself. What do you think it was worth?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is like any used machine, condition is everything. And even though it maybe in prestine condition, sometimes finding the right buyer is a trick in itself. What do you think it was worth?
Well, I wouldn't qualify as being an expert on Two cylinder values, but I am guessing that maybe it was worth $4,000 or higher. But, I may be off.

I could've drewled over the R's and so many others there. There were lots of stationary engines and not all were JD's.

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
My 60 is 1954 model. Much higher serial number. Going prices for a good running but not fully restored 60 around here is about $3000. New tires and paint push it to $4000+

I'm not an expert, just my observation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Depending of course on overall condition, but I have priced several with good paint jobs and engines between $2800 AND $4000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts