Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to start my 1023e to move it in before the snow up here in Maine starts to fall.
I sat down put it into "N" turned the key and started no prob. When I tried to switch to gear it stalled. I thought it was just not warm enough so I waited 10 min while I sat on the seat playing with my phone. I then tried to switch to gear again and it stalled again.

Anyone know why? If I had to guess; I would say something safety was wrong with it. Some switch???:dunno:

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Your seat switch is probably stuck. It thinks you’re not sitting in the seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you fix this? frozen probably?
quick fixes? Do people disconnect this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did think of that but thought by sitting in it for 10 mins it would thaw. :good2:

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Your seat just becomes super stiff when cold.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hair dryer if you can get one to it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I got home from work and plan on going at it with a heat gun. Staying off a bit so I don't burn a hole in the seat.
I do feel a huge mound center front of the seat. The switch directly under the seat, is loose. Wondering if that is an issue? Everything is connected just the plastic housing is loose.

Be back in a few.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I heated the top of the seat and below. I took the little plastic clip apart and nothing. Still stalls when changing it into gear.

Now what?

I would like to bypass this but have no clue what wire has to be bypassed and to what.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
OK I heated the top of the seat and below. I took the little plastic clip apart and nothing. Still stalls when changing it into gear.

Now what?

I would like to bypass this but have no clue what wire has to be bypassed and to what.
You see the switch. The plug with wires attached, disconnect from the switch. Take at least a 16 ga wire and push them into the plugs slot. Please be careful. This is a safety that is actually good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was definitely the seat switch. I made a 2.5" wire with male connectors on each end and plugged them into the wire from the seat. Started it up and threw it in gear and it did not stall..:bigthumb::thumbup1gif:
I can see the safety issue and I plan on buying the switch very soon.

Thank you guys.
Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving

·
Premium Member
12,755 Posts
It might be time to add some of these to your diet.

My seat switch never fails to activate - just say'n. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
We usually have to use a jumper on 1 series on our lot in the winter. once you bring it in and everything thaws out plug back in and works fine.
I’ve had a seat jumper on every tractor since the first of ownership. Useless safety device if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
I’ve had a seat jumper on every tractor since the first of ownership. Useless safety device if you ask me.

Well, that's what makes the world go around. I wouldn't want a modern tractor without a seat safety switch. Small inconvenience for important safe guard........

·
Registered
2,856 Posts

If you fall off or roll it over and God forbid the mower blades are still turning and you get into them, you won't think so. That is one I won't over ride. Ask one of the guys who had his roll down his front yard and totalled his blower driveshaft.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you fall off or roll it over and God forbid the mower blades are still turning and you get into them, you won't think so. That is one I won't over ride. Ask one of the guys who had his roll down his front yard and totalled his blower driveshaft.

I can’t even mow without the tractor shutting off multiple times from the seat switch. Both my old 1023e and same with the 3025e. Hit a small bump and the engine dies. It’s a junk safety device design IMO.

I say ROPS up and seatbelt on. That should keep you out from under the mower blades.

·
Premium Member
14,906 Posts

I forget the price for the repair of the driveshaft , thinking close to $100-150.. either way to much.

I had always disabled the seat switch, not any more. After the tractor creeped away , nope a small price to pay.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I can’t even mow without the tractor shutting off multiple times from the seat switch. Both my old 1023e and same with the 3025e. Hit a small bump and the engine dies. It’s a junk safety device design IMO.

I say ROPS up and seatbelt on. That should keep you out from under the mower blades.

Check to see if they are tightly mounted. Mine I can almost lift off the seat and keeps going. Unless you weigh less than 100 lb, should work without stalling.

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 20 of 21 Posts