Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok smart folk. Need an ID on this wood chipper.
Ad only states Wallenstein, no model. Haven't heard back from the seller yet.

Can you tell what model it is?
What would be a fair price?
Can I run it acceptably well with my 2320?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I guess I should add that you should have no problem running it with your machine.

It looks like it's been well cared for and kept inside but it's an older machine. I bought a BX-42 slightly used for $1600. I'd say that $1000-$1200 is probably fair but before I'd offer anything I'd call Wallenstein and verify that parts are still available.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Have you tried emailing a picture of the unit to Wallenstein? That would let them confirm the model number as well as parts availability as JimR suggested.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!
I hadn't tried the manufacturer as I was waiting for the seller first.
He got back to me this morning, and JimR was correct, it is a BX-40.
He added skids to raise it up and make easier to hook up, also made it quick hitch compatible.
He was running it with a 4410, so a bit larger, but with a 4" cap I should be ok with my 2320.
Seller upgraded to a Vermeer standalone unit with a 10" cap and no longer uses this one.
He's currently asking $1800, which I think is way to much. Knowing now that it's an older unit, and a brand new hydro feed woodmaxx can be had for <$3k...
I'm thinking that $1k would be my very top.
I don't "need" a chipper, but dad and I have both tossed around the idea of one. He wants a stand alone little gasser, as the only tractor he has is a JD 7700 (way too big).
So, we'll see how that discussion goes. If the farm was a bit closer (about 2 hours each way) not a big deal to haul the tractor/chipper back and forth.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It might be a good idea to talk to Walenstein tec people. Not sales people as all the info they have is in the 3 ring binder in there cube. Only talk to someone who has had there hands on the machines. To see if parts like blades and blade anvil cross reference to a current model. For instance if the 40 is a 4" capacity, is there common parts with the current 42 for instance.

I'm going to guess things like bearings, bearing mounts, blades, anvils most fasteners and such are pretty common across many years models. It's not a moon rocket so some things likely won't be that different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts