Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes and no.

The rear PTO is rated for around 16hp.

You will run into issues with the weight of the chipper and the limited lift height of the 3 PH.

There are a couple small 3PH chippers that would work.

But for the money you can probably get a more capable chipper in a tow behind version you can tow around with the x758.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I owned an X738 and I'm pretty sure the 3 point lift height won't be a problem. Having said that I opted for another solution. Less costly, more versatile, and fully capable of chipping up to 5" limbs. 15hp and electric start. I bought the Power King 3 years ago and have had no problems at all. This thing is a beast.

5" 14HP Chipper Shredder w/ Kohler Electric Start Command Pro Engine – QVTools - Power King

DK2 6 in. 14 HP Gas Powered Kohler Engine Kinetic Chipper Shredder with Electric Start and DOT Road Legal Tires-OPC566E - The Home Depot

Reactions: Upset264

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The MacKissic TPH-122 that I had for 16 years should work fine on it. Think it's only 300 #. Now TPH-123. There's also a chipper only model.

Gobs of hp on the X738. I ran the Mac on an 18.5 hp 4010, a 1025R and now the 2025R but have since gone to a much heavier WM WC46 chipper for horizontal hydraulic feed and don't need to shred leaves any more.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The MacKissic TPH-122 that I had for 16 years should work fine on it. Think it's only 300 #. Now TPH-123. There's also a chipper only model.

Gobs of hp on the X738. I ran the Mac on an 18.5 hp 4010, a 1025R and now the 2025R but have since gone to a much heavier WM WC46 chipper for horizontal hydraulic feed and don't need to shred leaves any more.
I've got the self powered Mighty Mac chipper shredder. For an old late 80's Briggs motor that thing can do a lot of work.

Really like the MacKissic stuff it's all very ruggedly built.

The x7 series can certainly pick up and carry smaller chippers. I'd just think by the time you buy the rear PTO and the chipper you could be better off with a self powered chipper like Bob has

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Plant Plant community Tree Motor vehicle Natural landscape

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
I bought one of the 9HP Power King chippers last year, very happy with it:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I would have preferred the 14 HP, but it wasn't available at the time, had to wait a couple of months before I could even order the 9HP!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I bought one of the 9HP Power King chippers last year, very happy with it: View attachment 806249

I would have preferred the 14 HP, but it wasn't available at the time, had to wait a couple of months before I could even order the 9HP!
This is the exact same setup that I use. Chipper to Gator, Gator to wherever I want the chips.

I was sent the wrong chipper initially and was sent a partial refund. I used the refund to buy the motor with electric start below and sold the old motor for almost the cost of the new one. I like this chipper. It works hard and seldom overloads.

Also, when I first bought it the stop button vibrated off and fell into the chipper chipping the blades. QVC sent me new blades and a new button all free of charge.

LIFAN 1 in. 15 HP 420cc OHV Electric Start Horizontal Keyway Shaft Gas Engine with 18 Amp Charger-LF190F-BDQC - The Home Depot

Reactions: grnspot110
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.