Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new wood chipper. The Wallenstein BX 52s.
I have the awesome 1025r filb that I mounted it on. I want to do a review on it after I get some serious time using it. I used it all weekend so far.

My initial thoughts after using it for quite a few hours this past weekend is very positive. I am very pleased with its performance. It does not have a power feed device and I was a little concerned about that. But after a short time of using it my concerns vanished. It pulls most wood right in and if it does leave a branch the next one pulls it all in.
I was putting it to the test. I never measured the wood diameter but I put some big-ens in it. Also I put old wet logs and wet pine branches and logs as well as hardwood like red oak and it never begged for mercy or plugged up. I'm very pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,068 Posts
:good2:
Thanks for the post. We have the BX42 and no regrets here.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I purchased a new wood chipper. The Wallenstein BX 52s.
I have the awesome 1025r filb that I mounted it on. I want to do a review on it after I get some serious time using it. I used it all weekend so far.

My initial thoughts after using it for quite a few hours this past weekend is very positive. I am very pleased with its performance. It does not have a power feed device and I was a little concerned about that. But after a short time of using it my concerns vanished. It pulls most wood right in and if it does leave a branch the next one pulls it all in.
I was putting it to the test. I never measured the wood diameter but I put some big-ens in it. Also I put old wet logs and wet pine branches and logs as well as hardwood like red oak and it never begged for mercy or plugged up. I'm very pleased so far.
What was the cost?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid 2850, I could be 20 bucks higher but I don't have the receipt.
I called around my local area. I got a quote of 3600 from a dealer in a really remote area up in the Michigan Elk area of the national forest which I live on the outskirts of. Wallenstein sells by their dealers I'm told. So you could get it cheaper possibly. I'll pay 100 bucks more if I don't have to drive, that's me though. I have precious few hours of free time and I'm not spending it on the road in a cramped up truck. Sorry about the rant. Lol
Mine was all set to go. It was out of the crate and just like the pictures in the post. I had to take my back hoe off, install the three point hitch and cut the drive shaft a few inches to fit. The drive shaft comes with it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this one as well. Looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this one as well. Looking forward to your review.
Will it work on a 1025r? What's the min PTO power requirements? Would love to see a video if you have the time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have it mounted on a 1025r. The min PTO is 18 HP. My awesome tractor doesn't seem to have any problems.
I've never done video but I would like to try it. Maybe I'll find my movie star calling that I may have been missing out on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts