Might give a new meaning to "de-limbimg" :laugh:

Taking pre-orders now :mocking:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Cool or Crazy?

Might give a new meaning to "de-limbimg" :laugh:

Taking pre-orders now :mocking:

I can't decide if that's just ingenious or crazy as hell.

I know if I was running it, I'd either cut off an important part of my body or the wood would whack me in the head and knock me out. . .

I can like the efficiency even as it scares me. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I like it! He’s using his tractor to make his job easier. Be nice to see him buck up a little bit bigger log. Probly mangle the contraption. Or hisself

Sent from my phone that’s smarter than me

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You have to admit it is a good thought, just not thought through on the safety factor. In the US OSHA would have a field day with that thing. No guards, All the bolts are not on the drum, no shut down button, no shield on his face. The list could get scary.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You have to admit it is a good thought, just not thought through on the safety factor. In the US OSHA would have a field day with that thing. No guards, All the bolts are not on the drum, no shut down button, no shield on his face. The list could get scary.
When I was a kid, (tired of shoveling) I cobbled together a home made drag auger.
I don't think you would have approved of it.

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yep, seems very clever and very dangerous in its current form. But if you add some safety features, ensure limbs (of the human variety) couldn't become part of the process, it seems like it could work well!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It sure cuts wood

Yep, seems very clever and very dangerous in its current form. But if you add some safety features, ensure limbs (of the human variety) couldn't become part of the process, it seems like it could work well!
No doubt it cuts wood. I could see it as part of a wood processor where there is a feed mechanism and safety shields. In it's present form, it reminds me of some of the old sawmill, pallet mill, shingle mill equipment which were simple, worked well and took off body parts without missing a lick.

Treefarmer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts