Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Cut off 1/4" per the directions. I believe I had to cut off 3/4" on my 1026R with the I-Match. You need 1" of clearance for the shaft to work properly so as not to damage your tractor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For my WC68 and 3046R with iMatch, I cut 3/4 inch off the plastic sleeve and steel shaft on both pieces of the PTO shaft. Fit perfectly. I used my workbench bandsaw to cut, and a round file (chainsaw file) to smooth the edges. Be sure to clean out any metal shavings that fall into the shaft.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I followed their directions and cut 1 1/4 inch off both shaft parts and the plastic outer protector with my sawsall. I'd actually recommend cutting another 1/2 inch beyond their instructions just to be sure. You need 6 inches of overlap. Should be plenty long enough.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I cut off an extra 1/2 inch each side. In hindsight, I wish i'd have cut more off as I need to attach the PTO prior to securing the pins... as it doesn't have the few inches of extra push back to attach the pto shaft once the pins are in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My experience was the same as WarmPepsi and RalphVa — I cut a little more off just to be sure and I still have more than required overlap. Unlike my other PTO implements, I find it easier to remove the PTO shaft before connecting to the iMatch, and then attach the shaft to the chipper and the tractor. The hardest connecting part is that darn front chain — the clip is not easy to compress. Can do with my fingers when installing but use small vice grips to remove from PTO shield.

Reactions: WarmPepsi

·
Registered
26,418 Posts

This video is embeded along with many others about PTO shafts in the sticky list at the beginning of the implements and attachments section.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm about ready to take the chipper off and then put the bush hog on. Bought a HF QH which makes the bush hog's PTO need to project out another 4 inches. Will have to measure it, but it's plenty long. Suspect I'll have plenty length to get the 6 inches overlap. Fix is to get one of those PTO extenders, but I don't like having a PTO shaft hung out another 4 inches from the tractor. Would think it would put undue stress on the bearings inside and more possibility for wobble.

At least with QH, the swap out should be easy but for the PTO disconnect and connect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts