Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a backhoe attachment to do minor digging projects around the farm. Like digging some barn footings, planting heavy corner fence posts, etc. I looked at the JD backhoes compatible with my 3005 and damned their proud of them $$$ especially to get one up here thru the dealer. I looked at the woodmaxx 6600 and 7600 and like what I saw. They ship free in the lower 48 so I can get one delivered to the folks in WA/OR area and drive down in the spring to pick it up and visit too.
Does anyone have any knowledge of these backhoes?
WoodMaxx WM-6600 6' Backhoe

I would appreciate any info or steer me clear if they are junk.

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
Be VERY careful! These machines mount on the 3PH with no subframe/undercarriage, they can create such a stress on a machine like yours that the castings (aluminum on your machine I believe) can literally break off. Some guys do buy them and then make a subframe, but that seems like a lot of work to me. I think JD will void a warranty claim also if they find out one is being used.

One other major problem is this disclaimer:
COLOR IS orange or yellow :laugh:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Can you also do the same thing by buying a JD BH for the 3005 down at your parents and bring it back up with you? I know the JD prices are high but at least you would be able to save some on the shipping. Just a thought.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
too cool

I just smacked myself in the head and said "Dummy.... Why didn't you think of that?" Haa haa. I'll call down and see if they can make a decent deal. Which model backhoe would be effective on a 3005? I see the 46 mentioned a bit.
This is why I love this forum. Someone else can look at the situation and throw in a simpler solution.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
the BH for the 3005 is the 7 and the price that I got off JD's site is $7,973. I am sure you will go and take a look at it. Hopefully the dealer will sell it to you for a lower price than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts