Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, SIL and I made a 90-120min trip down the road this morning and he ended up buying this used Wood 4500 Chipper.

No manual with the unit , and of course to big a hurry to get it on the back of his 2305 to download and look at a manual.:laugh:

Anyway we was told from the fellow that sold it to him , that he had bought it last year and used it maybe 15 mins and hadn't used it since.
The fellow he bought it from told him he had used it maybe 5 hrs. :dunno:.
Either way it looks new inside and old except the nuts and bolts rusing because of setting outside in the weather.
We found the engage lever was rusted and we discovered the discharge chute has two metal rods about 3/8-1/2" round and guessing 4-5" L give or take a inch either way will help clog the discharge chute. I have a feeling they will disappear. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seemed to run the chipper just fine. SIL fed a 3-4" round branch about 15' long and didn't even hear the engine speed go down or up.
Yes grandson needed his hearing protection, he only fed maybe 5-10 branches and he was done having fun ,, became more like work.:bigthumb:

Oh SIL gave a $1000.00 for the chipper , seen a new one listed for $3100.00 and a used one on ebay for $2400. So seems we did OK making the road trip today.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pick it up in Belington, WV? I was looking at it also if so. Small world.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yep that is where we went ,that would have been a little longer haul for you. The young man he bought it from had taken his finals at Fairmont and had just gotten home. Believe he is studying mechanical engineering He had greased a few places on it , attached to his tractor , showed us it would work. He backed the tractor to a higher spot ,SIL back up again the bank and it was loaded setting on SIL tailgate. We were there maybe 15-20 mins and heading back home. The young man didn't even open the bank envelope when SIL handed him the money.

And

Keith , talked with SIL after we talked the rods in discharge will be gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts