Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a rotary cutter for my 1026r to be used on about 7 acres of grass/weeds. Woods makes a model HC54 which, at 54 inches, seems to me to be about as large as I should go
with the 1026r.
Has anyone any experience with this brand of cutter?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
Woods is a great name brand. A 54" Rotary cutter would be a great fit for a 1026R. :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Metro - Did you end up purchasing the HC54? Any feedback if you did?

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
It depends what you are cutting. I use a 48" Frontier and it is great on most areas but I do have to slow down on the 4 foot tall stuff. I would be curious how the 54" will perform with the 1026.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Good Point.

I'm curious to know as well. I'm assuming that if you run into some really tall stuff, you could just cut at a 48" width or less and not use all of the 54" deck.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Watch the weight. The front end gets a bit light on my 1026r with a kk 4' cutter, even with 7 weights on the front. Power shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
My 48" County Line mower from TSC makes the front almost unusable with no loader on the front. It's a nice width if you have tight spaces because with the mower on the back and the loader on the front these things are LONG! If I was to mow more wide open spaces I'd opted for the 60" model as the 48" only just covers the tire tracks. I've not run mine in really heavy/tall grass so I can't say for sure on power. I do a lot of trimming around my property with it. Also have some brushy areas that I keep mowing back.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I have a 4' KK pro. It may be heaver than some other cutters. :unknown: It does make for a long rig. I can cut anything that I can drive over. It works well. I would NOT want any more weight on the 3pt.

Attachments

Reactions: Green Man

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Its not so much how tall the grass/weeds are, its more how full or thick is is. There were patches on my neighbour's yard that were only about two feet deep but she had seeded extra hay into it years ago, those patches had to cut less than the full width of the mower but you get the feel for it. I cut these areas long to make it easier.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Green Man

·
Registered
769 Posts
Eric,

Slightly off topic, but I really like what you did with the 42lb JD suitcase weights! Did you simply use a narrow brush and paint over the raised Deere logo? What color did you use? Looks sharp!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Eric,

Slightly off topic, but I really like what you did with the 42lb JD suitcase weights! Did you simply use a narrow brush and paint over the raised Deere logo? What color did you use? Looks sharp!
I used a very small brush. JD yellow paint left over from when I painted the wheel weights I got off craigslist. Some else had done this a while back and posted pics , I had some free time so I painted mine to. It didn't take very long.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts