Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use one of these? Any issues with it like I've read for others? My Deere dealer sells them along side the iMatch. Cost is $199 vs $357. The Woods also has an adjustable top hook and this neat fork looking thing that flips over the top. Not exactly sure what it's for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hate to break the news to you but thats the same as Harbor Freight sells now. I picked up a new one couple days ago on sale for $100. Used a 20% off coupon and got it for $80+tax..

The top flip over thingy is for non quick hitch compatible attachments..

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Anybody use one of these? Any issues with it like I've read for others? My Deere dealer sells them along side the iMatch. Cost is $199 vs $357. The Woods also has an adjustable top hook and this neat fork looking thing that flips over the top. Not exactly sure what it's for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, looks just like the HF one I picked up the other day for $79 plus tax after my coupon. I already have the JD iMatch on the rear of the tractor, but needed a cheapie to use on the front 3pt hitch adapter for the loader.

Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
It may look like the harbor freight unit but I bet its made from heavier gauge and better quality steel than the el cheapo. Woods is known for quality.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this is very interesting. I would've had no idea it's the same as the HF quick hitch. Funny how slapping a name brand sticker on something constitutes a $100 premium. I will say I wasn't overly impressed with the welds on it (having been welder in a previous life). Looks like the the JD version may be the way to go. If I'm gunna do it, I oughta do it right! Besides, I should only have to buy it once. So when I trade for that 3046R..... wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here. :lol:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
It actually looks just like my Speeco.

And while looking for a picture of the Speeco, I came across this video of our buddy Ted from EverythingAttachments. I'll have to watch it to see if I'm using mine correctly.

Reactions: worzy1014

·
Premium Member
12,995 Posts
That's odd. What is the advantage of using the adapter with the Land Pride implement shown in the picture? That implement looks like it is already Quick Hitch compatible.

I use the adapter as shown when attaching my boom pole to the Quick Hitch. I have bushings on the lower pins and use the adapter for the top link connection.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
X2

Sent from my Sprint HTC One (M8)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,040 Posts
That's odd. What is the advantage of using the adapter with the Land Pride implement shown in the picture? That implement looks like it is already Quick Hitch compatible.

I use the adapter as shown when attaching my boom pole to the Quick Hitch. I have bushings on the lower pins and use the adapter for the top link connection.
The picture is the first picture I came across on the Internet. But my guess is there is not enough room for the top hook. Also as NEWT stated, for implements that don't conform to the quick hitch.

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
Top connection wont be solid, so it could float to a degree depending on what your doing..
How would that work? There's only two axis to rotate on. Wouldn't you need a third?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,040 Posts
How would that work? There's only two axis to rotate on. Wouldn't you need a third?
Not sure I get that? My Rear finish mower only had 2 for the top link.

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
Not sure I get that? My Rear finish mower only had 2 for the top link.
I'm sure it had a third axis (or pin) to allow the linkage to droop when needed. It would straighten out when pulled taught such when you raise the mower.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,040 Posts
I'm sure it had a third axis (or pin) to allow the linkage to droop when needed. It would straighten out when pulled taught such when you raise the mower.
Call me dumb (You always do :lol:) Kidding!. So where is the third axis?

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
Take this picture for example.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426684969.003327.jpg

The little linkage at the top rotates on the pin, the top three point arm rotates on the second pin you attach it to, 3rd is the three point upper arm to the tractor.

In the QH picture, the upper hook is stationary and doesn't rotate. So there's only two pins. No rotation.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Diesel is correct. The mower will pivot about the bottom pins and the top pin will follow an arc. Pinning the top via one link (two pins) yields a solid connection because the one link will not rotate along the same arc as the mower (unless it can telescope). An additional link (third pin) is required to allow the top link to follow the correct arc and "float"

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,040 Posts
Take this picture for example.

View attachment 42231

The little linkage at the top rotates on the pin, the top three point arm rotates on the second pin you attach it to, 3rd is the three point upper arm to the tractor.

In the QH picture, the upper hook is stationary and doesn't rotate. So there's only two pins. No rotation.
Diesel is correct. The mower will pivot about the bottom pins and the top pin will follow an arc. Pinning the top via one link (two pins) yields a solid connection because the one link will not rotate along the same arc as the mower (unless it can telescope). An additional link (third pin) is required to allow the top link to follow the correct arc and "float"
I didn't know we were including the tractor also. :nunu:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts