Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a Woods RB60 on a series 1? I am wondering if the limited Cat 1 can lift it high enough for me to use the tilt feature.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anybody used a Woods RB60 on a series 1? I am wondering if the limited Cat 1 can lift it high enough for me to use the tilt feature.
Haha - I guess that I can answer my own question now that I picked up the back blade.

• It is a perfect fit on the back of the series 1. When in the tilt position, the blade is a couple of inches off the ground. It might be nice if it had a bit more clearance, but it is totally workable on the limited cat 1. I wouldn't want it to be any wider or, or it might not clear. (Like I've heard on the forum - if you need to use bigger implements, then you need to get a bigger tractor.)
  • It is quick hitch compatible
  • The back/scraper blade fills a different niche than, and nicely compliments a box blade. It is especially useful for smoothing out ground that has been loosened with the box blade - spin it around 180 degrees and use it to back drag.
  • I find it much easier to back drag with the back blade than with the FEL bucket. Probably easier on the machine too.
  • I have to cut a swail this fall. If the ground is soft enough, I would rather pull a pin and change the tilt on the back blade than use the box blade and mess with the link on the 3 point arms... I think...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have the frontier blade and love it for road maintenance. I’m also excited to use it for snow this winter. An angled blade is way more versatile than a box imo, and it takes a minute to get used to but in the right hands, it’s a mini road grader. Very useful tool. Also, cutting a swale should be a breeze. That’s a nice blade. Have fun

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the frontier blade and love it for road maintenance. I’m also excited to use it for snow this winter. An angled blade is way more versatile than a box imo, and it takes a minute to get used to but in the right hands, it’s a mini road grader. Very useful tool. Also, cutting a swale should be a breeze. That’s a nice blade. Have fun
Thanks, and yes - I'm also looking forward to moving snow with it.

·
Administrator
20,480 Posts
Closed this duplicate thread. Please don’t start more than one thread about the same thing. It gets very confusing as to who, what, when, why, and where. :good2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.