Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a used Woods RM 600 finish mower I'm considering buying … Has anyone had any experience with model mower? … Good - Bad? /… :unknown:

G

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok .. No input on the Woods mower ... How about a Befco 72" finish mower .. Anyone have one, or have used one? .. Pros - Cons?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
You gotta give more info,, we do not have a crystal ball,,, :dunno:

How much :gizmo:
Condition?
Pics?

A mower can be priced at $250, or $2,500,,,depending on,,,, a zillion variables,,,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You gotta give more info,, we do not have a crystal ball,,, :dunno:

How much :gizmo:
Condition?
Pics?

A mower can be priced at $250, or $2,500,,,depending on,,,, a zillion variables,,,
what i’d like to find out ... mostly, is if anyone here have had any experience with either brand ... what they liked , or didn’t like, about the unit they had ... Simple as that. I wasn’t asking about prices, or veriables, as you say.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have the woodsRM500 I think it is. You just cannot go wrong with anything with the Woods signature on it. They are built well and parts are plentiful should you need them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
GWizz -

I own a Farm King 84" RFM. Great mower; I've had minor but resolvable problems with the PTO shaft, one spindle, and the belts. If I keep my blades sharp and run at the correct RPM, it does a great job on my yard. I purchased this mower off of CL using the proceeds from the PoS Ford 8N that came with my farm...

Good luck with your selection and decision,

Brian

what i’d like to find out ... mostly, is if anyone here have had any experience with either brand ... what they liked , or didn’t like, about the unit they had ... Simple as that. I wasn’t asking about prices, or veriables, as you say.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now I have my eye on a 72" Befco finish mower that has been used as a demo (looks new :cool:) that I can buy a a fair price ...
The Woods mower I was considering, I find has the side discharge deck ... didn't want that .

G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts