Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove most of the day today to pick up a used 2009 snow blower. This unit was purchased new in 2009. the guy who bought it died from a heart attack after he used it 2 times. The person that I bought it from used in in 2010's winter and did not use it last year. The issue is that it was used on a gravel driveway by a 19 year old.

I was told it was perfect when going to look at it. I got there and found that it has thrown more stones than snow. Not really, but they did get it into the stones. The impeller is chipped up and the area the impeller spins is scratched up from the stones.

I got this for a helk of a deal, so I plan to fix it up. I was thinking of putting a nice smooth coat of truck bed liner in around the impeller, and maybe putting it on the impeller itself? What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,512 Posts
That looks great Brian, post up some pictures of the chute rotator so I can get some ideas to convert to to hydraulic for you.

:snow:

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Nice! Let her snow.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Good looking snow blower Brian... and a even bigger thanks for the insurance we won't have any snow this year :thumbup1gif::lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Good looking snow blower Brian... and a even bigger thanks for the insurance we won't have any snow this year :thumbup1gif::lol:
What he said!

·
Premium Member
8,064 Posts
If you put truck bed liner on the impeller; will you screw up the balance? Also, what about the clearances between the impeller blades and housing? Over all the blower looks to be in good shape in spite of the teenager.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you put truck bed liner on the impeller; will you screw up the balance? Also, what about the clearances between the impeller blades and housing? Over all the blower looks to be in good shape in spite of the teenager.

I was out hunting last night thinking of different options. You are right, unless the bedliner was applied perfect it could throw off the balance. It could also make everything more rounded. A good paint or having it powder coated again would be the best.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A good paint or having it powder coated again would be the best.
I know I'm new here but..............I also think that would be best. That blower looks great in my opinion. That thing must be around $3,000 new. If you don't have a paved driveway.......it will always look like that in the spring. I have a driveway that's got crushed rock.......they call it crushed dust. No matter how carefull I am I always pick up a little of it in the early part of winter and spring. Once the ground freezes solid, I don't have to worry about it. Someday I'll have it paved.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are right, I probably over reacted a but as I am not used to seeing these things used on stone driveways. Either way, I figured this year it would be best just to paint it quickly and once I have used it, figure out the best way to prep and take care of it how I want.

Here is how it looks now. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Your new blower looks great. Mine was new for the winter of 2007 and has always only been used on asphalt or concrete and the housing around the impeller looks about like yours when you got it. I think with a new powder coat, you will be all set for the white stuff.:good2:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the pictures of the chute rotator as we are going to make it hydraulic without spending the 6 to 700 that woods wants.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
Nice score Brian! Now you got it looking like new.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After putting bed liner in the area before the chute and cleaning it up, I decided to hook it up to the tractor today. Its not imatch compatible. That sucks. But its hooked up and all works better than ever.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
After putting bed liner in the area before the chute and cleaning it up, I decided to hook it up to the tractor today. Its not imatch compatible. That sucks. But its hooked up and all works better than ever.

Too bad about the IMatch...........but glad it's working great for you. Did you finish converting it to hydraulic yet?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have not. I have been working on the oils and greases to make sure everything was tip top shape. Now its, how to make it I match or how to get one that is I match...:mocking:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice score..............

Here is a thought.........

It has been discussed to mount a flap of rubber, like from a mud flap, or conveyor belt to each of the impeller blades to close up the gaps.

With my gravel drive, that fix and paint is what I'm going to do when necessary.

Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts