Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I tear into the lights on the ROPS I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the 1023e has the wiring built into the harness for high mount work lights?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
According to the wiring diagram in the Technical Manual, they do. I noticed them on my 1025R, they're the single bullet type connectors and they are located just where the harness enters the bottom of the ROPS. The feed wires are purple in color and the ground wires are black.

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the wiring diagram in the Technical Manual, they do. I noticed them on my 1025R, they're the single bullet type connectors and they are located just where the harness enters the bottom of the ROPS. The feed wires are purple in color and the ground wires are black.
Thank you, I was close to assuming that it was but just wanted some feedback.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
Are you sure about that? The OP has a 1023e. There have been many threads on this topic in the past. The consensus is that the 1023e does not have the harness for the worklights but it can be purchased and added.

Below are a few threads that turned up from a quick search.

I seem to recall that the 1023 does not have the work light wiring from the factory, so you wont have that black/purple wire pair.

Here are a few threads I found:

1023E work lights wiring question

need help with lights

Post #6:
Work light plugs

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
517 Posts
Before I tear into the lights on the ROPS I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the 1023e has the wiring built into the harness for high mount work lights?
Hey there.. No the wiring is not already on the 1023.. I added the forward lighting kit to mine a while back and it was a frustrating ordeal until a dealer I visited discovered for me that you need to order an additional wiring harness to connect the system. Really easy once you have the harness. It was only $24 bucks Canadian. I'm still in shock that it's not included from the factory. Anyway. Read my old threat titled "forward lighting kit for the 1023e". The part number for the harness you need is LVB26026.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey there.. No the wiring is not already on the 1023.. I added the forward lighting kit to mine a while back and it was a frustrating ordeal until a dealer I visited discovered for me that you need to order an additional wiring harness to connect the system. Really easy once you have the harness. It was only $24 bucks Canadian. I'm still in shock that it's not included from the factory. Anyway. Read my old threat titled "forward lighting kit for the 1023e". The part number for the harness you need is LVB26026.
You are correct that the forward (fender mounted) worklight wiring was not included in 1023E, up through S/N 512600. After that, it is. However, the inquiry was in regards to the "high mount work lights" or those installed on the ROPS, typically on top of the brush guard for the flashing, tail, stop lamps. That wiring is included on all versions of the 1023E, according to the Technical Manual.

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct that the forward (fender mounted) worklight wiring was not included in 1023E, up through S/N 512600. After that, it is. However, the inquiry was in regards to the "high mount work lights" or those installed on the ROPS, typically on top of the brush guard for the flashing, tail, stop lamps. That wiring is included on all versions of the 1023E, according to the Technical Manual.
I did have a chance to look last night, there is a purple wire near the bottom of the ROPS where the harness enters that, so I should be good now, but I did notice that the forward fender work light wiring is not there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
you sure we're not talkin' about the same thing here?.. The forward lighting kit I'm referring to mounts up high on the rops. That's what I installed on mine. The bracket bolts around the rear flashers and the light itself mounts on top of that bracket. To the OP.. These are the lights I installed. Is this what you mean?.. Or is there another work light kit for these rigs?. If they did start wiring the 1023 for the kit from the factory.. that is good news!!

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
you sure we're not talkin' about the same thing here?.. The forward lighting kit I'm referring to mounts up high on the rops. That's what I installed on mine. The bracket bolts around the rear flashers and the light itself mounts on top of that bracket. To the OP.. These are the lights I installed. Is this what you mean?.. Or is there another work light kit for these rigs?. If they did start wiring the 1023 for the kit from the factory.. that is good news!!
I agree. We need to make sure we are all talking about the same thing. Like you, I was referring to what JD refers to as the Forward Lighting Kit and Rear Work Light Kit. The forward light kit mounts on the top of the tail light brush guards and the rear light kit mounts on one of the bolts which secures the tail light. See the chart below.

Forward_rear_light_kit.jpg

To the best of my knowledge JD does not offer a kit to put 1025R-style fender mounted lights on the 1023e. If you want to add those you'll need to figure out the parts and wiring yourself.

If you check the 1023E parts list they show a harness required for the rear light (LVB26026) for around $20. It's a bit confusing. This would appear to be the missing harness. It should be very easy to determine if you have the wiring. On all tractors which have the harness there is a bundle of open purple/black bullet connectors under the seat. This is where you plug in the pigtails for the work lights that come in the kit. There is one for the left and one for the right. When adding the rear worklight it comes with a Y-connector to jack-in to one of the existing front worklight connections. If you do not have this bundle under the seat then you do not have the worklight harness.

LVB26026.jpg

The photo below is from a 2720 but you get the idea.

IMG_1546.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. We need to make sure we are all talking about the same thing. Like you, I was referring to what JD refers to as the Forward Lighting Kit and Rear Work Light Kit. The forward light kit mounts on the top of the tail light brush guards and the rear light kit mounts on one of the bolts which secures the tail light. See the chart below.

View attachment 359154

To the best of my knowledge JD does not offer a kit to put 1025R-style fender mounted lights on the 1023e. If you want to add those you'll need to figure out the parts and wiring yourself.

If you check the 1023E parts list they show a harness required for the rear light (LVB26026) for around $20. It's a bit confusing. This would appear to be the missing harness. It should be very easy to determine if you have the wiring. On all tractors which have the harness there is a bundle of open purple/black bullet connectors under the seat. This is where you plug in the pigtails for the work lights that come in the kit. There is one for the left and one for the right. When adding the rear worklight it comes with a Y-connector to jack-in to one of the existing front worklight connections. If you do not have this bundle under the seat then you do not have the worklight harness.

View attachment 359162

The photo below is from a 2720 but you get the idea.

View attachment 359170
Thanks a bunch for this information, yes, I started the thread in regards to the ROPS mounted lights which I plan on putting on. This is very useful information and I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That is exactly what I was talking about in my thread, I am putting work lights up on the ROPS like yours. I'm planning on getting some LEDs from TSC I think, or maybe I'll just go with JD ones from my dealer.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just another thought for lighting. I just recently purchased a LED light bar from the clearance shelf at my local TSC (Traveller 30 Single CREE 150W LED Light Bar). TSC also sells a harness kit with a switch for this light which I also purchased. My plan is to mount the light to a piece of flat stock which I will have some magnetic mounts on and just place it on top of the ROPS when I have a need for the lighting and just plug it in to the harness. When I don't need it just unplug it and remove it. I can also face the light bar forward or to the rear depending on my need. That way it is easy quick on & off and not on the rops when I am working in the woods or around objects that like to snag on your lights. When I get this future project done I will post some photos and let you know how it is working out.

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just another thought for lighting. I just recently purchased a LED light bar from the clearance shelf at my local TSC (Traveller 30 Single CREE 150W LED Light Bar). TSC also sells a harness kit with a switch for this light which I also purchased. My plan is to mount the light to a piece of flat stock which I will have some magnetic mounts on and just place it on top of the ROPS when I have a need for the lighting and just plug it in to the harness. When I don't need it just unplug it and remove it. I can also face the light bar forward or to the rear depending on my need. That way it is easy quick on & off and not on the rops when I am working in the woods or around objects that like to snag on your lights. When I get this future project done I will post some photos and let you know how it is working out.
That's a good idea, especially with the magnet mount. The only time I will most likely need all the lights is for plowing snow in the winter anyway so a less than permanent solution might be more suitable. Let me know how this turns out, I am very interested in this idea.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's a good idea, especially with the magnet mount. The only time I will most likely need all the lights is for plowing snow in the winter anyway so a less than permanent solution might be more suitable. Let me know how this turns out, I am very interested in this idea.

You got it, and I will make sure to get some photos of the install.

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Okay, just to sum this up, I had a chance last night to really look into this. Of course my 1023 is brand new but yes the wiring is included in the harness. At the bottom of the ROP arms where the harness comes out I had to look but there are two wires with bullet connectors (and protective rubber tubing over them) one purple and one black that are for high mount work lights. I did not however see anything for the forward lighting on the fenders but that's fine, I wasn't really looking to put lights there anyway. So JD is moving up with the 1023.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
According to the Technical Manual wiring diagram, the harness for the fender lights should be there on the later 1023E, also. I wonder if it is rolled up and tie wrapped under the fender or seat closure panels?

The dotted line section denoted with the circled "A" is specific to 1023E up to S/N 512600. The dotted section denoted with the circled "B" is for the 1023E of S/N 512601 and beyond. The "B" section indicates the fender wiring harness should be there. Both "A" & "B" should have the bullet connectors, at the bottom of the ROPS, for the ROPS mounted work lamps.

View attachment 359930

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Okay, just to sum this up, I had a chance last night to really look into this. Of course my 1023 is brand new but yes the wiring is included in the harness. At the bottom of the ROP arms where the harness comes out I had to look but there are two wires with bullet connectors (and protective rubber tubing over them) one purple and one black that are for high mount work lights. I did not however see anything for the forward lighting on the fenders but that's fine, I wasn't really looking to put lights there anyway. So JD is moving up with the 1023.
This is what my machine had too.. im gonna say JD has not added the harness.. I had the same one black and one purple.. There is nothing else there.. Even if it was there. I don't think someone could attach the fender lights even if you wanted to. The black plastic on the 25/26 fenders is required to mount the lights. It sounds like you need the same harness I had to get to hook up the forward lighting kit..

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what my machine had too.. im gonna say JD has not added the harness.. I had the same one black and one purple.. There is nothing else there.. Even if it was there. I don't think someone could attach the fender lights even if you wanted to. The black plastic on the 25/26 fenders is required to mount the lights. It sounds like you need the same harness I had to get to hook up the forward lighting kit..
Thanks, I'd have to look again closer for another set of pigtails for the fender lights, I really wasn't planning on putting any there. However, all this information has been very useful and I appreciate everyone's feedback. I opted to go with the JD lights simply because they come with everything I need ready to connect, before I was thinking LEDs from TSC, but the light kit is on it's way. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
Thanks, I'd have to look again closer for another set of pigtails for the fender lights, I really wasn't planning on putting any there. However, all this information has been very useful and I appreciate everyone's feedback. I opted to go with the JD lights simply because they come with everything I need ready to connect, before I was thinking LEDs from TSC, but the light kit is on it's way. Thanks again
Did you get the new JD LED work light kit or the original halogen kit?

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you get the new JD LED work light kit or the original halogen kit?
Well now, that is the question of the day, I'm thinking the halogen set. It was $108 for the kit. Let me look at my invoice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts