1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
That looks interesting. No price or weight in either link that I saw.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
592 Posts
I see the weight is 410lbs. Here is the link: Sub-Compact Tractor Mini Grapple

Not sure if the weight is more than other brands or not, as this is the first one I have seen.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What I saw at the link said 310lbs for the JD version not 410 unless I am missing something. That is heavier than the grapple I have from Artillian. I think my set up is in the 270lb range, can't remember. The Artillian closes all the way and does a fine job with brush, logs, rocks, and anything else you can get the jaws around. Looking at the worksaver I am not sure it would be much of a root grapple though so you might be limited in what you can do with it. With the Artillian you can tear up the ground and clear it of undergrowth/roots etc. So I guess it depends on your needs if this is the thing to get but it is heavier and you will be giving up some FEL capacity.

·
Premium Member
10,105 Posts
In addition to being lighter, for a few $ more, you can also have pallet forks with the Artillian grapple.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Doesn't look

like you could get much of a bite on a brush pile. What I mean is with the Artillian grapple you can get way "under" the brush before closing the jaw. It also looks like the carrying capacity would not come close to the Artillian grapple.

Steve

·
Registered
592 Posts
What I saw at the link said 310lbs for the JD version not 410 unless I am missing something. That is heavier than the grapple I have from Artillian. I think my set up is in the 270lb range, can't remember. The Artillian closes all the way and does a fine job with brush, logs, rocks, and anything else you can get the jaws around. Looking at the worksaver I am not sure it would be much of a root grapple though so you might be limited in what you can do with it. With the Artillian you can tear up the ground and clear it of undergrowth/roots etc. So I guess it depends on your needs if this is the thing to get but it is heavier and you will be giving up some FEL capacity.

You are correct, must have missed the 3 and hit 4.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Does anyone own or have any experience with the Worksaver subcompact 48" grapple?

https://www.facebook.com/worksaverinc/posts/1563653030602687:0

I would like to get a grapple for brush clearing and wondered if this worksaver type would be better for small brush as the jaws seem to close completely.

news-new-sub-compact-tractor-mini-grapple

I found another brand that you might look at, as it only weighs 195lbs with the cylinder. 50" John Deere Compact Grapple - Compact Tractor Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
like you could get much of a bite on a brush pile. What I mean is with the Artillian grapple you can get way "under" the brush before closing the jaw. It also looks like the carrying capacity would not come close to the Artillian grapple.

Steve
With the Worksaver it looks like you would have to approach whatever you want to grab from the top versus the scoop and grab or possibly just from the side and compress the load before grabbing. I use all of those techniques with my grapple but I usually try to scoop it first. Some of the loads I deal with can only be reached from the top.

I went and checked the weight of my Artillian grapple set up. My set up is 243lbs according to the website NOT the 270 I said earlier. My set up is two root rakes and one grapple plus the fork frame. you can very the weight set up if you want from as light as 163lbs to as much as 343lbs. This is the big reason I went with Artillian is the weight savings and the ability to configure the grapple. Truth be told I was seriously considering the EA Grapple but went with Artillian for the above reasons and the fact I already had a set of his forks so I know he builds quality stuff.

The Worksaver is probably a good piece of equipment but it's on the heavy side for a SCUT, it would probably be spot on with a 2 or 3 series. Remember despite what we think our SCUT's are capable of they really can only lift 600-700lbs with the FEL so the heavier the attachment is the more it takes away from the useful working load you have. A grapple from where ever you source it, is worth the money if you own land with woods.

·
Premium Member
10,105 Posts
One thing i noticed is that the worksaver is made for a SSQA attachment, not JDQA, so you would need a SSQA adapter. That will add weight to the overall package and decrease your capacity my moving the load further out.

The CT Attachments model is JDQA.

As others have posted, i chose the Artillian frame/forks/grapple because of the flexability.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The worksaver has both ssqa and jdqd models

·
Registered
913 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts