Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? Tryon is just two hours from home. I almost hit the buy button on tickets to the Dressage Freestyle finals. Pricey. Beautiful venue.

Combined driving, eventing, dressage, endurance, paraequestrians, reining, show jumping and vaulting. A little something for everyone!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Here's the link.

https://tryon2018.com/

Beautiful facility. One of my horses competed in the American Eventing Championships there last year. He was intimidated by the crowds and noise and finished mid-pack.

Later, when I looked back at the program, I discovered he was competing in the same division as one of Stormy Daniels horses, who finished in a tie for first place. This was before..., who knew?
:unknown::laugh:

Hit the buy button. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Equestrian tickets to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta were pretty steep, but I would have regretted not going. I saw every day of competition - Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts
Here's the link.

Beautiful facility. One of my horses competed in the American Eventing Championships there last year. He was intimidated by the crowds and noise and finished mid-pack.

Later, when I looked back at the program, I discovered he was competing in the same division as one of Stormy Daniels horses, who finished in a tie for first place. This was before..., who knew?

Hit the buy button. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Equestrian tickets to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta were pretty steep, but I would have regretted not going. I saw every day of competition - Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping.
That would be fun if I was closer. We go to a local event to see the trainer & horses from where my oldest daughter works, although it’s free.

They also compete in Wellington, FL at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the link.

Funny how they get stage fright sometimes! My daughter is a longtime USEA member and I spent many a weekend volunteering as jump judge or dressage steward. My favorite annual event has always been The Fork International Horse Trials.
The Fork Horse Trials I was saddened when it moved to Tryon. If you have a chance to visit The Fork, don’t miss it. One of the most gorgeous barns ever...

Wish I could go to every day of the WEG. Just purchased tickets for Sunday’s Dressage Individual Freestyle Finals. :yahoo:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be fun if I was closer. We go to a local event to see the trainer & horses from where my oldest daughter works, although it’s free.

They also compete in Wellington, FL at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Darn horse things are so rarely free, aren’t they?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts