Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
No I would of bought at least a 3720 with cab.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Based on the circumstances being the same, yes. It has been a great tractor for the past 8 months and has done everything I have asked of it.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Yes I would. While at times it would be nice to have a larger tractor for snow removal, If I went any bigger I'd need a second machine to mow my lawn.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes I would. While at times it would be nice to have a larger tractor, If I went any bigger I'd need a second machine to mow my lawn.
This sums it up. At times it would be nice to have a bigger tractor or even a cab, but 99.9% of the time this would be impractical.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
For the time that I have owned mine and used it, I would buy again. It has saved me from hiring someone to do some of the dirt work I finished last fall and plans for more dirt work this year. I am building a new 24' x 36' storage garage for it to fit in, among other STUFF. Should be done by next month (weather permitting).

It is a very versatile machine and fits my property and needs just right. The options are endless with all the attachments for it.

The only thing I can think of that will be a disadvantage will be mowing the ditches. I will not use it for that because the are too steep. I used to use a Cub Cadet, but I gave that up to my son.

·
Premium Member
14,897 Posts
I went from a 2210, 2305, 2305 w,fel bh and now 1026r fel bh ,,, Yes even with the few problems with the 1026r would do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes I would buy it again. The loader and backhoe are the perfect size for my 2.5 acres at home. The larger tractors I have in the country and at work are just plain too big to do many of the tasks I do with my 1 series at home and I do not mow the yard with it. There are times I take it to the country to do work I have a hard time with on the larger tractors. I have even used it at work to do tasks a skid steer would have destroyed landscaping to accomplish.

A very happy customer here! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes I would. The 1023E w/ 54" blower is perfect tractor for snow removal, and excellent 60" 7 iron deck size to mow my lawn. The only bad part is the cost but I guess one gets what one pays for. After awhile I forgot what I payed for it. But is I purchased some other tractor for less I'd never forget what it costs every time I would use it. Best to get what one wants rather than what costs less..........

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have had my 1026r since 2011. It has been a great tractor and I have completed many jobs with it. Yes, I would buy another one. :greentractorride:

Dennis

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Yes I would. The 1023E w/ 54" blower is perfect tractor for snow removal, and excellent 60" 7 iron deck size to mow my lawn. The only bad part is the cost but I guess one gets what one pays for. After awhile I forgot what I payed for it. But is I purchased some other tractor for less I'd never forget what it costs every time I would use it. Best to get what one wants rather than what costs less..........
My thoughts exactly! I believe with my 1026 I also bought "resale or trade in value". I think these 10XX's are going to hold their value way down the road. I got what I wanted and it's living up to my expectations despite some bits of "advice" I could give the JD design team.:laugh:

Reactions: kitfox

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
As others have stated, a larger tractor would be nice for some of the jobs I have done and intend to do, but my 1026R has done everything I have asked, just may take a bit longer. And since I have a relatively small lot of 1.5 acres, a larger tractor is very impractical. If I needed to replace my 1026R, I would definitely buy another. But... if I could justify or afford a second larger tractor ... just dreaming I guess :lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes I would do it again without any hesitation, fits my needs perfectly. Did I tell you I love my tractor! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes, but if there was only one thing I could change it would be to add a mid range gear.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have had the 1025R since last fall...love it. Fits MY needs perfectly. As Goldilocks said, "not too big, not too small...this one is just right" (or something like that). For all the previously mentioned reasons...yes I would buy again.:good2:

Mike...the Griz

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm not sure if I would buy my 1025R again. I might go to 2032. Two things stop me from buying it the first time. It wasn't in stock and it had a 62" deck. The 2023 my be to big to cut my grass and get under trees, beside that it would work better for my 15 acres of land.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This sums it up. At times it would be nice to have a bigger tractor or even a cab, but 99.9% of the time this would be impractical.
For sure, the 1 series is a compromise. Any larger and I'd be unable to cut my grass or dig in many places where the FEL is a tight fit. Any smaller, and I wouldn't be able to dig effectively.

If I could change anything, I'd vote for a stronger backhoe/subframe with higher hydro pressure. I find myself wishing the FEL and backhoe were a bit larger or lift higher. But if they were larger or lifted higher, they would be too large for the frame.

Given the budget and more space, I'd get an X754 and a 3720 FILB. More space on the current budget, and I'd still buy the 1026R FILB.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts