Green Tractor Talk banner

WOW! EA 54” Landshark Box Blade

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  bama21fs 
#1 ·
I Purchased a EA 54 inch Land Shark 2.1 for my John Deere 1025R. Prior to purchase the above said box blade; I used a 6 foot, VERY heavy box blade (so heavy, I couldn’t control the height adjustment, it was either up or down) and took about an hour to hook up. The EA is incredibly easy to hook up (about 10 minutes or so which says a lot cause I am a very handicapped USAF Retiree). The construction (to me) is surprisingly VERY strong and well built. The reason that I spoke of the heavier box blade was on the first and subsequent uses of the the Land Shark 2.1 performed as good (moved a lot of dirt) as the much heavier blade but the EA one was WAY easier too us) on my compact tractor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Glad to hear it working well. Share pictures sometime.

#4 ·
Glad to hear it working well. Share pictures sometime.
It is raining very hard and is probably going to keep up for awhile but once everything drys out, will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: greenharley
#3 ·
Great choice on size for the 1025r. I picked up a used 48" John Deere box blade that was designed for the limited cat 1, and it works great. Like you, I have discovered that matching implement size to tractor size makes most jobs easier. I would much rather make a few extra passes with a more maneuverable right-sized implement than fight with an oversize one.

I have seen posts to the contrary, but I have found that a relatively light BB works fine. I guess that it might depend on how rocky your soil is, but I never had a problem with mine being to light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.