Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just wondering what the consensus is for the best place to tap power for this valve on a 17 2032/2038.
I also would like your most professional routing idea's to preferred location.
I'm sorta anal about neat and clean looking installs.
Any details or pics of your installs would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I understand the above post is a basic question. Just go to fuse block and tap the acc. fuse.
Route the wire in best possible unobtrusive way.
I just thought with all of us genius's on here, someone had a better way so I asked.
Didn't mean to waste anybody's time

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
OK, I understand the above post is a basic question. Just go to fuse block and tap the acc. fuse.
Route the wire in best possible unobtrusive way.
I just thought with all of us genius's on here, someone had a better way so I asked.
Didn't mean to waste anybody's time
Easy does it dude. Only giving it 6 hours on a Saturday in a section that is kind of slow is not really showing any patience. Some hydraulic questions take a day or so to get answered. Not many people on here deal with hydraulics as a lot of folks do not really understand how fluid dynamics really work. :bigthumb:

FWIW, I had not seen or heard of too many (if any) 2 series owners having a WR Long 3rd function valve. That might also explain the low response rate.

I have one on my 3E series. I have attached a couple of pictures. The dealer installed it for me when I bought the tractor last year. They zip tied it to the joy stick and then to the hydraulic lines. In the second photo (sorry it isn't a good one) the wire splits and part of it goes to the valve its self and the other one disappears under my hood. It's a pretty clean install. Now, I think your 2 series has the joy stick on/near the fender/floor pan like the 1 series? I imagine you would just run it straight down the joy stick until you get under the floor pan and then run it to a 12v source like you mention in your post.

When I had an artillian diverter valve on my 2210, I ran the electrical wire straight down the joy stick until I was able to route it under the floor pan. I tapped into the 12v hot source going into the ignition. I wasn't a big fan of that idea but it worked alright. However you route the wire just make sure it doesn't pose a snag hazard on anything and since your loader detaches from tractor make sure you can disconnect it some how.

Good luck and post up some pictures when your done. :greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I gotta admit patience is not one of my virtues.
Didn't mean to sound short if I did.
I've got 40yrs machine maintenance and electrical experience so its not something I can't tackle.
I was hoping someone knew of a tap in the harness like there is for the light kit add-on's.
My apology's if I sounded like impatient a-hole.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I'd also like to see how other people wired theirs. I am getting ready to wake my 2038R up and I have the WRLong kit to install for my grapple

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
So I looked where my wire went under the hood. They plug into a harness so I am thinking maybe the 3E series might have been pre-wired for a 3rd function valve not sure. Nothing appears spliced in, looks factory. If nothing else my dealer did a really good job of making it look factory. Maybe your tractor might have a place to plug into since I am thinking this is fairly common mod. I would give JD Parts a search and see if you can see how the wiring harness is laid out and if there are any unused plugs.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Project completed! I did this up north in the woods by myself so no
available camera men to provide a documentary. It turned out awesome.
Anyone adding a Long kit, feel free to message me for any questions.
I must report that my kit from WR Long had the wrong size fittings on the
valve for supplied hoses.
A trip to town for 14.00 worth of fittings.
They did offer to get the right ones in the mail.
Not much relief with the tractor outside in pieces, and no mailbox up here.
It's all good and works great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts