Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a sanity check in case I'm doing something obviously wrong...
New 1023E, purchased with the 60" nose-mount snow blade. I dropped the mower deck off today to install the snow plow to try it out, but none of the pin holes line up on the quick-hitch bracket that attaches to the nose of the tractor to accept the plow. It's like the distance between the welded-in rod and the pin hole is different from the ones on my tractor. I've attached a picture of how the pin holes do not line up, but it's not easy to see or explain I also attached a picture of the bracket.
I've watched youtube videos on the procedure, and the brackets in the videos look simpler and boxier than the one I have. Also, the hydraulic hose pass-through is open on one edge on theirs, and a closed circle on mine. Could they have supplied the wrong bracket, maybe for a X-series and not a 1-series?
I contacted the dealer, but the parts department was no help, and deferred me to talk to their installers on Monday. There are no part numbers on the bracket whatsoever, so this is nothing they can look up and verify.
Hoping someone on here can confirm if this is indeed the wrong bracket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,642 Posts
You have the correct bracket. You are not putting the lower bracket in correctly.

The two pins on the top of the bracket as its sitting on the floor slide into the hook shaped mounts on the inside, bottom of the front of the machine. The Long rod with the spring clips is pulled out before you mount the bracket up and under the machine.

You begin by sliding the pins up and back into the notches and then swing the front of the bracket up and then slide the rod back through from one side to the other in the front. You will see where the large rod goes when you swing the bracket up into place.

Once you have slid the pins in to the brackets and rotated the bracket up, the front wheels have to be turned to one side or the other to get the rod though the front holes and to hold the bracket in place. Think of the bracket shown in your picture mounting from UNDER the front of the tractor, not ON the front of the tractor.

Once the pins are in the hook shaped brackets, you have to rotate the bracket UP into position and hold it while inserting the long rod now shown in your picture with the rod in place.

The bracket, once in place, sits similar in position as it is shown sitting on the floor in your picture. Try what I have described here and it should go right into place. If you don't hold the bracket rotated into place for the rod to slide through it, the bracket will fall back out from UNDER the front of the tractor.

Reactions: Pigpen

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,642 Posts
The bracket sits in the same position up UNDER the front of the tractor as it is sitting in the picture. The pins are the back upper part of the bracket that slide into the hooks on the INSIDE of the frame up UNDER the tractor.

The round part of the bracket in your picture is the PTO carrier bearing mount, which isn't used on the snow blade.

The part of the bracket which has the notches cut into it is the FRONT lower of the bracket. The holes shown where the notches are located in the bracket in your picture is where the LARGE heavy Quick Hitch actually pins the lower portion of the large quick hitch.

Once you get the bracket shown in the photo up under the front of the tractor, the large hitch with the cylinder and hoses hangs on the front frame bracket and then the bottom of it pins into the bracket in your photo. Look at this screen shot. The brackets are already bolted to your tractor. You can see how it slides up from under into the hook shaped brackets.

The bracket with the two bolts in the center facing forward should be on the front of your tractor. The brackets with the 4 bolts on each side should up UNDER the front of your tractor. Then slide the bracket with the round hold in it, shown on the bottm and the one in your picture, up and back, rotate the front of the bracet UPWARD, slide the rod through with the wheels turned and put the spring clip on the one end of the large rod, shown through the bracket in the photo you posted.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Design

Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I took another shot at it after looking at the response posted here and the video link in another post. Went right on!

The tip about turning the wheels did the trick. I saw the set of groves on the back of the frame, but couldn't get it past the tie rod to install it this way. I didn't think about turning the wheels to pull the tie rod back out of the way.

Once that was done, popped the plow right on, no problem. I hadn't look at the hose routing and assumed the holes were for that, but obviously not looking at the plow.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,642 Posts
Thanks for the info! I took another shot at it after looking at the response posted here and the video link in another post. Went right on!

The tip about turning the wheels did the trick. I saw the set of groves on the back of the frame, but couldn't get it past the tie rod to install it this way. I didn't think about turning the wheels to pull the tie rod back out of the way.

Once that was done, popped the plow right on, no problem. I hadn't look at the hose routing and assumed the holes were for that, but obviously not looking at the plow.
Glad I could help. Welcome to GTT and enjoy your green tractor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.