Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I have a need for a 1987 vintage John Deere 318 chassis for a project I have in the works. Minimally it must include the operators console, all steering components, front axle, hydraulic lines/valve/levers, brake pedals/crosshaft and driveshaft.

If it does not have a transmission/hydrostat pump, wheels/tires, fender pan, gas tank, hood/hoodsupport, steering wheel, side shields, grille, seat, springs, or rockshaft, these items do not matter as they pertain to this project.

Please let me know what you might have along with a description. Photos would help. If you might prefer to PM me feel free to do so. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance from my home in Elkhart, Indiana for the right unit.

Look forward to hearing from any and all. Thanks in advance!

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys!

I have a need for a 1987 vintage John Deere 318 chassis for a project I have in the works. Minimally it must include the operators console, all steering components, front axle, hydraulic lines/valve/levers, brake pedals/crosshaft and driveshaft.

If it does not have a transmission/hydrostat pump, wheels/tires, fender pan, gas tank, hood/hoodsupport, steering wheel, side shields, grille, seat, springs, or rockshaft, these items do not matter as they pertain to this project.

Please let me know what you might have along with a description. Photos would help. If you might prefer to PM me feel free to do so. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance from my home in Elkhart, Indiana for the right unit.

Look forward to hearing from any and all. Thanks in advance!

Gary
Does it have to be a 318?

I have a 1984 316 that is complete (no deck) which the original Onan engine. The engine is out and the rods were broken. This is how I purchased it. I thought I would go through it and fix it but plans have changes and I am getting out of the 300 series.

It has the plastic coated rear wheel weights.

Would be willing to sell for $500.00 you pick up or have shipped at your expense.

I am located in central NC outside Greensboro, NC.

I can send photos if it looks like something in which .you are interested

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your response but yes it must be a 318. I have (4) 316's now. In fact that is my current project. My '87 316 is about to be reborn as a 318. In fact I think I have an '87 chassis secured. It is 99% a done deal, I just have to go and pick it up now....................But thanks again for your consideration.................Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
john Deere 318 chasis

Hi there GMan,
There is a 318 with a blown engine for sale as parts on craigslist Indianapolis. Its located on the south side, check it out
Pat

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'87 318 Chassis

Hi there GMan,
There is a 318 with a blown engine for sale as parts on craigslist Indianapolis. Its located on the south side, check it out
Pat
Thanks Pat, I will check it out!.......................Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts