Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one for my x729. I know this is a needle in a stack full of needles, but I figured this is as good of a place to ask as any! Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may have.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Yes they are Rare I Bought My 45 Loader New In 2003 used it On My X485 until 2014 and Now use it On My X748 since Have a a Deere 2025R TLB But I'll never Give Up My 45 Loader even Have Loader Brackets for the X700 signature series when I add One so I can use My 45 Loader On them as well a Good Place to Check is the John Deere Machine finder for North America Used Equipment for Agriculture, Construction & Forestry | John Deere MachineFinder There were two for sale Last year In Minnesota & Michigan BTW here is what You need to modify John Deere 45 FEL and AWS if You find a 45 Loader for your X729 (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are Rare I Bought My 45 Loader New In 2003 used it On My X485 until 2014 and Now use it On My X748 since Have a a Deere 2025R TLB But I'll never Give Up My 45 Loader even Have Loader Brackets for the X700 signature series when I add One so I can use My 45 Loader On them as well a Good Place to Check is the John Deere Machine finder for North America Used Equipment for Agriculture, Construction & Forestry | John Deere MachineFinder There were two for sale Last year In Minnesota & Michigan BTW here is what You need to modify John Deere 45 FEL and AWS if You find a 45 Loader for your X729 (y)
Thanks Sergeant. I'm not against having one shipped if I can find it. There was one reasonably close to me (a few hours away) as part of a package deal with a high hour (1600+) x485, but the seller wanted $16,000 CDN for it. I couldn't make that math work on resale of the tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Thanks Sergeant. I'm not against having one shipped if I can find it. There was one reasonably close to me (a few hours away) as part of a package deal with a high hour (1600+) x485, but the seller wanted $16,000 CDN for it. I couldn't make that math work on resale of the tractor.
Had another member do that as well Bought a X728 with a 45 Loader Just so He could get the 45 Loader to Put On his X738 with the aftermarket 45 loader sub frame I believe he has the X728 for sale

BTW You will need these Parts as well
BW15044 TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE 4WD or AWD
M146148 free-wheeling valve control lever is also required.

BTW BW15044 is the same as AM122228 & MIA884868 But a heck of a lot cheaper.

BW15044 is in the $150 US dollars range
AM122228 is in the $220 US dollars range
MIA884868 is in the $1,000 US dollar range

The Valve is Made By Tuff-Torq and Not John Deere But through John Deere You Can pay through the nose except for BW15044 which is still avaliable from The green Parts store or Green Frame Parts

I just suggest Investing in those two Parts a head of time Before the stock is depleted
Eventually you'll find a 45 Loader by itself or a package deal at the rate You want I think the average it has taken is about 2 years

BTW you would need those two Parts for a CTC Loader as well (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will do. We have an acre here, and the AWS is great for mowing and plowing, which is the primary function of the tractor. That said, I would like to do occasional loader work, hauling firewood, etc. as I am in a wheelchair and that makes things easier. Considered a 1 series, but I think the x729 with the 45 FEL is perfect for what we need.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Deere does not recommend installing a loader on a 4WS tractor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'm aware of their concern re: liability of increased rollover from AWS, but with enough rear ballast, managing bucket height and proper driving technique (ie. don't turn sharply or on incline), it shouldn't be an issue. Several members have done it for years. And no concerns around voiding warranty as we are well outside that period.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Deere does not recommend installing a loader on a 4WS tractor.
In Deere's engineers eyes it not that they don't recommend it. It's That the Bean counters wouldn't let them design a separate set of Brackets to accommodate the AWS tractors Because it was felt That More AWS owners Bought there Machines Primarily for Mowing while 2WS owners tended to do more utility work with there Machines based On Information gathered during the the 425 thru 455 Production
as a 3 Point and rear PTO were Not very common add on on the AWS tractors during there production . So do to the Fact the 45 Loader sub frame & sub frame brackets will not clear the AWS brackets Deere just put it down as not being compatible with the AWS models of the X400 Heavy duty & X700 Ultimate series

But about 12 years ago over On MTF we figure out how to do it with some Help from Green Power we came up with a solution to Mount the 45 loader sub frame on the AWS Models John Deere 45 FEL and AWS BTW saleen49 from that thread is still using a X729 with 45 Loader with Zero Problems with stability He runs enough Ballast. Plus as he puts it he Just doesn't turn really fast for fear something could happen not that anything has happened running the 45 loader on a AWS model

Honda Use to Make a Loader for there AWS 5000 series tractor Models

Kiwk-Way Loader Under the Former Owners before Hitch Doc bought them made a Loader for the 425 thru 455 AWS models and they actually did sell a few of them that it was worth Keeping In Production for Many years after the 425 thru 455 was out of Production (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sergeant a couple more questions if you don't mind me asking since you are familiar with the process. Based on my research, I don't believe I need the BM22220 Regenerative Bucket Kit for the 45 Loader when using with an X700 as that was only for the x400 and X500 and has since been discontinued? I do already have the AM134625 Hydraulic Cylinder Lockout Valve installed in conjunction with the 3PH.

Also I am a bit confused with shimming the transmission in addition to installing the relief valve you mentioned above and believe that is also recommended. Any good threads or advice here or at MTF on how to go about doing that?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Sergeant a couple more questions if you don't mind me asking since you are familiar with the process. Based on my research, I don't believe I need the BM22220 Regenerative Bucket Kit for the 45 Loader when using with an X700 as that was only for the x400 and X500 and has since been discontinued? I do already have the AM134625 Hydraulic Cylinder Lockout Valve installed in conjunction with the 3PH.

Also I am a bit confused with shimming the transmission in addition to installing the relief valve you mentioned above and believe that is also recommended. Any good threads or advice here or at MTF on how to go about doing that?

Thanks again!
Sorry for the Late response Yeah the X700 series doesn't need the Regen Bucket kit But You do Need the TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE Because it is there to Protect the Transmission from Pressure peaks associated with the use of the Loader and You do need a new Release lever to accommodate the New relief valve!

Look Up shimming 45 Loader On MTF there 3 or 4 threads On how to do it OEM lift capacity to Max height is 375Lbs if You shimm the Valve to 1300lbs You Can Lift very close to what a 120R Loader Can lift to Max height. I never shimmed the Valve On My X485 or X748 Because I haven't really needed to Lift 700 to 800lbs to max height. I can lift about 700lbs to 36inch transport height with out shimming the Valve (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem is, a lot of guys (understandably) won't separate because they no longer have a mower deck and will have a hard time selling the tractor without one. There's another one near me, an x595. The bucket has even been converted to JDQA, which I've only ever seen X748SE and mmrbeef do. Would be a nice setup for forks instead of clamp ons for anyone looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts