Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the green light from my lovely wife. I would really like an old steel wheeled tractor that's complete but too far gone for restore. I plan on putting it in my front yard on a bed of river rock...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Your wife sounds like a keeper!! You and I are both lucky guys! :good2::good2:

I brought home my Grandpa's old hay rake and his old Farmall Cub. Right now they're both yard art, but I'm hoping to start on the Cub restoration this winter.

Anyway, check Dayton.craigslist.org in the Farm & Garden section. There's a guy in "New Lebanon" (use that for a search term) that is always selling old implements. Wouldn't surprise me if he had an old tractor or two at his place. The downside is that it's about 3.25 hours from your place (my daughter went to EMU, I made the drive past your town several times!). Wouldn't hurt to check it out. You can also just check CL in general around your place and just look for ads where someone seems to have a lot of farm stuff to sell. Wouldn't hurt to contact them to see if they have other "unadvertised specials".

You might also want to check with some of your local tractor dealers. Talk to the sales guy and tell him what you're looking for. I know the sales guy at my JD dealer knows most of the farmers around here and could probably tell you who might have an old steel wheel tractor they want to get rid of.

Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Usually the ones too far gone to restore are not complete. I do like your plan. For years there was an old bulldozer a few miles north of me I wanted for no good reason. It finally disappeared a few years ago when scrap prices soared.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I noticed this nice looking Fordson-- east of Cleveland and far too overpriced in my opinion but it's something to benchmark against.

FORDSON TRACTOR YARD ART

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed this nice looking Fordson-- east of Cleveland and far too overpriced in my opinion but it's something to benchmark against.

FORDSON TRACTOR YARD ART
That's exactly what I'm looking for but for $500 plus the drive out there hauling a trailer, it's a little more than I want to pay...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts