Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer comes in with recently purchased 1025R with MCS. States that the "blower" is not picking up grass. States that he needs it fixed NOW!
Gave it a quick look over. Chute is completely clogged at the power flow intake at the deck with heavy wet grass. Under deck is so clogged there is only room for the blades to turn.
Before we could even call him he comes back in and is raising heck. I still had the unit on the lift. The service writer called me up to talk to him. I walked him out and showed him the issue. He was amazed!
After talking to him I found part of the issue. He was removing the chute tube, cutting the wet grass, then reinstalling the chute trying to bag wet grass. Why would u do that?
Bottom line he cussed the MCS.. Cussed us and refused to pay the diag fee. He got it back for free. We ate the diag labor.
Just another day.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
Customer comes in with recently purchased 1025R with MCS. States that the "blower" is not picking up grass. States that he needs it fixed NOW!
Gave it a quick look over. Chute is completely clogged at the power flow intake at the deck with heavy wet grass. Under deck is so clogged there is only room for the blades to turn.
Before we could even call him he comes back in and is raising heck. I still had the unit on the lift. The service writer called me up to talk to him. I walked him out and showed him the issue. He was amazed!
After talking to him I found part of the issue. He was removing the chute tube, cutting the wet grass, then reinstalling the chute trying to bag wet grass. Why would u do that?
Bottom line he cussed the MCS.. Cussed us and refused to pay the diag fee. He got it back for free. We ate the diag labor.
Just another day.

Some customers shouldn't own a tractor.... All book smarts and no common sense..

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
the public, ugh.

·
Registered
616 Posts
We used to see all kinds when I worked at a tv repair shop back in the 70's. TV sets with birds nests. Guys who would cuss us out if a part took more than a couple of days to come in. We told one guy who brought in a desk lamp with a built in radio, that we had to order a transformer that had to come from overseas and that it would take several weeks to get here. He proceeded to call twice a day. About day four he demanded the lamp back. They gave one guy a loaner tv set. He liked the loaner better and would not give it back or answer his door. You name it.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Just another day.

Your dealership went above and beyond. :bigthumb:
I would bend over backwards to "make things right" even when not my fault for my ebay sales. It got to the point I had to put "no returns" in my descriptions to stop "people" from sending their broken stuff back and demanding a refund. I rarely sell on ebay anymore.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts

Some customers shouldn't own a tractor.... All book smarts and no common sense..
Like I have said before on here, there are some customers that you just can't afford to do business with.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
He goes to the end of the line

Just another day.

If he brings it back, somehow I could see it getting put at the end of the repair list and maybe staying there for a while. I know the customer is always right, at least up until the point where they aren't really a customer but just a PITA. I could see the service rep telling the guy the shop is booked solid, it would be a long time before we could get to it but I'll call the service rep in the next county (or state) over and see if they can work you in.

Then send the guy to the worst facility you know of. . .

Treefarmer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts