Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD X-324 that may run for hours or just 15 minutes. I have changed the fuel filter & pump several times and all the fuel lines. This usually helps for short time, but then the problem recurs.
The engine also surges , usually just before it quits...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like time for a thorough carb rebuild to me.

With that said, I usually pull the bowl, clean it and blast carb cleaner into the main jet before a full rebuild. Sometimes you get lucky.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had several of these that were the result of bits of grass or pine needles in the tank and drawn into the pickup tube. Had you noted debris in the fuel line? I've also had one that the ECU (under the dash) would stall the machine when it got warm enough. The way I found that was to run it until good and warm and then did the "tap test" on the ECU and it would cut out. A clogging bowl vent or blocked vapor return line could raise similar issues.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
What about spark plug or ignition coil? I read some X360s were experiencing similar problems with the coils when warm. May not be the same engine, but the problem may be similar. Worth looking at.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's another thing to check if you haven't already. This might sound silly and too simple, but if the vent hole in the gas tank cap is plugged a vacuum forms in the tank restricting fuel flow leading to similar symptoms. If you stop, the line drains back and the pump doesn't provide enough draw to restart. Letting the machine sit for a while or opening the gas cap allows the vacuum to release and you get a restart as if it was a heat or other issue. Just an option to check that many of us have run into.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts