Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this tractor, has 700 hrs on it,... the steering I believe needs some attention, ..It has more play , mostly up and down.. just sitting there in the garage , I sat on a new one yesterday, it had half as much play I'm wondering if anyone here has similar gig, or has taken one apart, the Diagram in the big book shows a couple plastic parts for the tilt.
anyone has help it would be great before spring arrives . Thanks !

·
Registered
338 Posts
My X575 had a ton of play in it. I pulled the steering wheel off and all the covers, cleaned out years worth of junk and dirt and replaced the two plastic bushings, M172446. After that I lubed it all up and put it back together. Made a huge difference in play and made the tilt work much better. The other thing to check when you are in there is the "teeth" for the tilt mechanism to make sure they are not worn out as well.

John Deere Parts Catalog

Adam

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Probably from years of using the steering wheel to help get on and off the tractor. Sounds like you need to rebuild the tilt mechanism

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I just purchased this machine so I'm not sure how the previous owner pulled on the steering wheel getting on and off... I'll pull the wheel and look into the tilt mechanism /bushing etc.......... thanks !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
tilt

As stated in another thread,. ( didn't mean to have two threads...).I replaced bushings in the upper and lower steering shaft.
The teeth mechanism do look good .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts