Green Tractor Talk banner

X300 - Parking brake kills PTO

11132 8
Hello,

I have a 2011 JD X300 w/ a 42" Edge deck. Recently, I removed the deck to clean it and do a little maintenance on the tractor. After putting the deck back on, I tried to engage the mower.

The mower did start (although it hesitates momentarily when I first pull up on the PTO switch), but when I push in on the parking brake, the PTO shuts off. Everything else on the mower works fine, but for some reason the brake is shutting off the mower.

I obtained the electrical schematic and worked my way through most of it. I even replaced the interlock module believing that perhaps it failed and was somehow giving the signal to shut the PTO down when the brake was applied. That did not fix the problem. I cannot see any other way that the brake could have an effect on the PTO other than through the interlock module.

Has anyone run into this issue in before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Chad
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Normal operation. Here is the function of the interlock module from the tech manual:

The interlock module performs the following functions:

Turn on the electric clutch if the operator is in the seat, the PTO/RIP switch is in the ON position, and the transmission is in forward or neutral.
Maintain power to the electric clutch if the operator is in the seat, and chooses to mow in reverse. By lifting the PTO/RIP switch to the Momentary ON position while shifting into reverse, the reverse override function is enabled, latching the power to the clutch.
Disables the reverse override when the operator shifts the transmission from reverse to forward or neutral.
Turn off and latch off the electric clutch if the PTO is on and the operator shifts into reverse without lifting the PTO/RIP switch. To reset the latch, the operator must place the PTO/RIP switch in the OFF position.
Turn off and latch off the electric clutch if the operator gets off the seat. A short time delay protects against bouncing. To reset the latch, the operator must place the PTO/RIP switch in the OFF position.
Turn off and latch off the electric clutch if the operator enables the brake switch.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.