Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, New to the forum and looking for some advice.

I recently picked up an x324 with a powerflow bagger. Half the time I'm pulling around a small utility trailer, and the other half I'm using the bagger. It is a pain in the rear to remove the entire bagger assembly and put on a trailer hitch every time.

1. Can I mount a hitch on the front for moving the trailer around? (typically it just has leaves or grass in it)
2. Or is there a mod to the back that I can extend the hitch mount under the bags?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
High Tower,

Would you really tow your trailer backward around your yard with your 'front hitch' mount?

Your x324 being all wheel steer, extending the hitch to the rear will magnify the difficulty in backing a trailer proportionally -- but you should be able to pull it forward OK for light tongue loads. I had an extension on the hitch plate for my 318 so I could pull a trailer with the rear weight bracket attached and that worked pretty well. I did not try to extend the hitch on my AWS x304, but the load lifter attachment on the back of X495 which is also AWS put the ball pretty far back and made for some interesting backing of larger trailers...

may 13, 2012 001.JPG

Chuck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High Tower,

Would you really tow your trailer backward around your yard with your 'front hitch' mount?

Your x324 being all wheel steer, extending the hitch to the rear will magnify the difficulty in backing a trailer proportionally -- but you should be able to pull it forward OK for light tongue loads. I had an extension on the hitch plate for my 318 so I could pull a trailer with the rear weight bracket attached and that worked pretty well. I did not try to extend the hitch on my AWS x304, but the load lifter attachment on the back of X495 which is also AWS put the ball pretty far back and made for some interesting backing of larger trailers...

View attachment 49511

Chuck
Chuck,

I could tolerate pulling a trailer from a front hitch if needed. Most of the time I'm just pulling it to the front yard, then hooking up to the truck to take to the yard waste site.

I see what you mean about backing up with the aws. That should be ok.

So I need to see if there's a good way to extend the hitch plate on my 324...

Thanks,

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts