Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was done by the dealer last year when they replaced the spindle on the deck. They returned it to me and I used it 1 time after it was returned to me. It didn't see to work right, but I really did not notice the belt eating into the plastic cover or scraping across deck. I got out for 1st time this year last week and noticed I was having a problem, also noticed the belt seemed to be loose. I contacted the JD dealer which serviced it and told then about the belt and said something is not right. I sent them the pictures, and they wanted to pick up today and service again, but it was going to take 3 weeks or more plus additional $$$. I told them never mind, I would attempt to fix it and I ordered a new belt. The JD belt came in yesterday. I disconnected the unit from mower and took off the belt which came off the mower deck real easy. I then decided to compared the two belts and they were same length. That's why I thought it was belt problem.

It makes sense now that the dealer installed the belt wrong after servicing the spindle late last year. I just used it for the first time this year and notice the power flow plaster shield was cut and the belt was rubbing on the deck and under the grass chute bracket which was not right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My belt went through cover the second time I had power flow installed, my bad as I didn't have cover positioned correctly.
I repaired mine - Black Duct Tape

John Deere Blower Drive Belt - M146479 , I have this saved in my maintenance folder, for 54" Accel deck, double check part number as I have not purchased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.