Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 X324 that barely moves when I depress the reverse pedal. But, if I reach down and lift up on the forward pedal while depressing the reverse pedal the mower will move in reverse at normal speed. The mower moves forward just fine. I've checked all the pedal and linkage connections and can't find anything obviously loose or out of place. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

I'm not familiar with the X324; but if the forward and reverse pedals are inline like you'd find on the BBM (Big Box Mart) 100 series one finds at Home Depot and Lowe's; then this is probably normal behavior. When I had a L130 with the inline pedals I had to press down on the reverse with my heel and pull up the forward pedal with my toe.

However; if the pedals are side-by-side as on the X700 series, SCUT's, and CUT's; then I'd say there is some sort of problem with the machine.

Which pedal arrangement do you have?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
This tractor has the side by side pedals. I would think that something is binding in the pedal assembly or linkage. If it has an internal transmission problem it would not back up no matter what you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts