Yep, I've got a new X350 and it will very occasionally have condensation when the conditions are right. When it starts running it goes away. From what I've found, it's normal.The older X3/5 dashes with just an hour meter would get condensation even though the machine was always stored indoors. My 2720 dash also gets condensation occasionally. It’s unavoidable.
I would certainly try to talk to the dealer then. And tell them the same information of course. See if they can take care of it for you. It usually cleared up with operation according to the information I found.Mowed for close to two hours and it progressively got worse.
IMO drilling a hole would only make the problem worse cause now it can breath all that humid air. One way to solve this would be to purge the cluster with something like nitrogen just before it's sealed. Of course no manufacturer does that because it's not practical and eventually the nitrogen will leak out over the years anyway.Is there a safe way you can drill some holes to vent and let wire up a small electrical fan to have moving air through the dash cluster?
It's a good idea, but hard to implement. Short of removing the dash panel, disassembling it, drying everything down to near zero humidity, then reassemble it in a near zero humidity environment while maintaining a near perfect seal, it ain't likely to be completely successful. Obviously it's seal is has been corrupted, or it wouldn't be getting worse, rather than better. The best idea is to get it to the dealership with at its worst. The next best plan would be to document it at its worst so they can at least see how bad it is/was. As stated before, there is some minor condensation that is considered "normal". Condensation that increases, rather than decreases is a sign of failure in the sealing of the unit. Having never seen this particular unit first hand, I have no way to know exactly what would fix it, but I have dealt with this issue on other parts that are very similar. It is, most likely, a poor gasketing issue, or poor fusion of the plastic housing when welded/joined during assembly.Point I am trying to make is that you either need to generate heat and improve airflow to help remove the condensation or find a way to remove the moisture and re seal the unit