Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just purchased an X350 and I love it. I did have one question. I like to cut my grass at around 4 inches and that is what I had been doing with my push mower prior to this purchase. When researching the X350 I saw that the dial for the mower height indicated 4 inches. After my first cut it seemed to be shorter than the length I have been cutting with my push mower. So I parked the X350 in my level shed and measure from the sharp edge of the blade to the shed floor with the dial set on 4. It measured 3 inches. Even in the locked travel position the blade did not measure 4 inches to the shed floor. Is this something that can be adjusted? Should I contact the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Go over procedure for leveling your deck, make sure its set correctly
I agree. I'd be curious to know if when the deck is set to the leveling height if the included "chess piece" leveling gauge fits under the designated spots on the deck.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
According to Deere.. The numbers on the dial are not related to cutting height in inches. Now.. that being said.. we set the dial to 3 when leveling a deck. The tire pressures are set to.. 14psi front, 10psi rear. Level deck side to side at 3 inches at the tip of the cutting edge. Measure front to rear of blade with 1/4 inch lower in front. Check and recheck. Topped out on the upper stop should give you 4 inches.. maybe 4 1/4.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Mine was almost exactly the same as the picture you posted with the deck half to three quarters lower than the plastic gauge.

I figured my dealer either didn't level it correctly or they leveled it with the 30+ psi of air that was in the tires when they dropped it off. Which I suppose is them not leveling or setting up the tractor correctly. Either way getting that extra inch off ground clearance in the travel position was a nice benefit of leveling the deck correctly.

Reactions: kylew
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.