Green Tractor Talk banner

X350 Starting problems

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jgayman 
#1 ·
I have an X350 with 180 hours. When I start it cold, it runs a few seconds and dies. If I hold the choke, it runs a few seconds longer and dies again. After about the 4th or 5th try, it will sputter a bit and keep running. Any guesses before I send it to the dealer? I bought it last year; and have only put about 40 hours on it. I had it into the dealer last year, and they said it wasn't due for any service.

#3 ·
I bet there's a loose clamp on a fuel line that's letting it lose prime. Or a cracked fuel line. Do you see or smell gas when it's sitting?

#4 ·
You could test the fuel pump for proper operation.

#7 ·
Thanks; but that's a bit beyond my pay grade...😊 I have to eventually take it to the dealer any way; the mulcher they installed started coming loose...makes a heck of a racket...and if all else fails, I'll let them fix it.

Thanks again guys...

Dennis

#8 ·
Thanks; but that's a bit beyond my pay grade...😊 I have to eventually take it to the dealer any way; the mulcher they installed started coming loose...makes a heck of a racket...and if all else fails, I'll let them fix it.

Thanks again guys...

Dennis
You can also test the fuel pump by disconnecting the output hose, disconnecting the spark plug wires and cranking the engine. Fuel should spurt out the hose with each revolution of the engine.

Reactions: AJgrn78
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.