Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noted a whining noise in the p/s and deck position hydraulics and saw that the reservoir cap had popped off thus allowing the hypo oil to leak out over time. I filled the tank which initially took are of the noise, but it comes back after restarting the tractor the next day. Goes away after about 10 minutes of running it. Does anyone know what the issue is?

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
I noted a whining noise in the p/s and deck position hydraulics and saw that the reservoir cap had popped off thus allowing the hypo oil to leak out over time. I filled the tank which initially took are of the noise, but it comes back after restarting the tractor the next day. Goes away after about 10 minutes of running it. Does anyone know what the issue is?
Try and cycle the steering back and forth a bunch of times. Sounds like you still have some air in the system. Then double check your fluid level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll try that. By the way, I forgot to ask why the oil reservoir cap is constantly popping off during use. I've replaced it several times. Is the system under pressure?

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Thanks! I'll try that. By the way, I forgot to ask why the oil reservoir cap is constantly popping off during use. I've replaced it several times. Is the system under pressure?
Not sure but is it possible your over filling the reservoir not being level. Look at your manual and make sure it is to be checked running or not running like a Automatic Transmission has to be in park running. Check your cap to make sure it has a good fit and not messed up or worn some.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Your manual is your best option...make that your ONLY option. On my 322, I have to run it for 10-20 minutes and shut it down. I then HAVE to wait another 10 minutes for the oil to come back into the site gage. This is in my manual! GD4044 has an excellent point; Maybe (??) it needs to be running, or not, in "gear" or not. Only your manual will tell you this. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts