Green Tractor Talk banner

X380 transmission fan replacement

3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  vantucky 
#1 ·
Hello,

Recently acquired a 2016 X380 with 120 hours. After a few mows, I somehow managed to shred the transmission fan. No clue how it happened, just found fan blades all over my backyard.

I can see where the fan sits, under the transaxle pulley. What's the best way to get to it to swap it?
  • From the rear, by removing the black rear panels?
  • From above by removing the body?
  • From below (which would require dropping the transaxle)?
I'm trying to figure out how hard this is going to be, and if I should even attempt to DIY.

Thank you.

#2 ·
Im not sure on this series but I’ve removed that pulley a few time on my LT by removing a rear tire and accessing it over the frame rails. Have some good lighting and c-clip pliers handy. Set parking brake and take belt off the pulley…spread the c-clip and pull it off top of shaft (thats the hard part) then the pulley,washers, and fan will come off the shaft. If there is better access from behind that might work too. Perhaps someone can chime in….

#4 ·
Seat pan needs to come off, and gas tank under it. 10 min job after you've done it once. 15mm nuts to remove forward/ reverse pedals, 10mm for two bolts under the seat, 13mm nut on each side under your footrest. Remove seat safety connection and gas cap. Now you can lift seat pan off to access gas tank, which then is just an 18mm nut away from lifting up to access the fan. You'll want an impact to remove the fan nut.

#6 ·
By nut or bolt, if you mean what is holding the fan on, it's a nut. Just had one off on a 2017 x380 a week ago.

Re cap, You really just take the cap off for a few seconds... slide it thru the seat pan when you lift it up, then reinstall on tank. Better chance of debris falling in every time you fill your tank with fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.