Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 3 year old X390 with hyd mower deck lift. Started leaking hydraulic oil yesterday and I found the cylinder was "rubbing" on the corner of the frame where it sits. This caused a real defined slit in the end of the cylinder and eventually cut deep enough into the weld that it is now leaking oil. Looking at the problem, I gotta believe it's an inherent issue with the design and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. A new cylinder is $350 but I'm waiting to hear if it's covered by warranty. 4 year bumper to bumper I believe. It's an easy enough fix though, clean and grind down the weld and repair it, however since there's only 175hrs on the mower, I think it should be replaced. I plan on grinding the edge of the frame down so it will no longer contact the cylinder along with a piece of rubber or something to insulate it. Either poor design or bad luck on my part, not sure. Anyone else?:unknown:

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
Have a 3 year old X390 with hyd mower deck lift. Started leaking hydraulic oil yesterday and I found the cylinder was "rubbing" on the corner of the frame where it sits. This caused a real defined slit in the end of the cylinder and eventually cut deep enough into the weld that it is now leaking oil. Looking at the problem, I gotta believe it's an inherent issue with the design and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. A new cylinder is $350 but I'm waiting to hear if it's covered by warranty. 4 year bumper to bumper I believe. It's an easy enough fix though, clean and grind down the weld and repair it, however since there's only 175hrs on the mower, I think it should be replaced. I plan on grinding the edge of the frame down so it will no longer contact the cylinder along with a piece of rubber or something to insulate it. Either poor design or bad luck on my part, not sure. Anyone else?:unknown:
See what the dealer does. Deere May have an approved fix to prevent recurrence. It may not involve grinding the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts