Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a x475 AWS to replace my aging but still going strong 345. i need some help with a few questions. The 475 has a category 0 3 point rock shaft. and I have cat. 1 draft links does anyone have a cat.1 rock shaft they would take some measurements for me? i would like to modify the rock shaft to category 1. my main question is how far is the center of the lift eyes from the outside of the rock shaft.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Recently acquired a x475 AWS to replace my aging but still going strong 345. i need some help with a few questions. The 475 has a category 0 3 point rock shaft. and I have cat. 1 draft links does anyone have a cat.1 rock shaft they would take some measurements for me? i would like to modify the rock shaft to category 1. my main question is how far is the center of the lift eyes from the outside of the rock shaft.
On my X595 the rockshaft is cat 0. The center link the one end is cat 0 to connect to the rockshaft and cat 1 on the opposite end to connect to the implement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not sure you're getting answer you're looking for? On my cat 1 rockshaft, it is ~ 1 5/8" from end of rockshaft to CENTER of lifting eye. Hope that helps. I made a quick measurement with tape measure but no way to get much closer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my X595 the rockshaft is cat 0. The center link the one end is cat 0 to connect to the rockshaft and cat 1 on the opposite end to connect to the implement.
Thank you. Any chance you could post or send a picture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure you're getting answer you're looking for? On my cat 1 rockshaft, it is ~ 1 5/8" from end of rockshaft to CENTER of lifting eye. Hope that helps. I made a quick measurement with tape measure but no way to get much closer.
Thanks for the information! that means the cat 3 has shorter lift arms that the cat 1. i will try to post a picture of mine later to confirm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In my answer above, I think I misunderstood your request. I was measuring from the end of the rockshaft.

From the outside diameter of the rockshaft to the center of lifting eye, I measured 5 1/4"

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Thank you. Any chance you could post or send a picture
I have the plugger hooked up now so I can't show the hole sizes. You can see the size difference in the pins though.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
In my answer above, I think I misunderstood your request. I was measuring from the end of the rockshaft.

From the outside diameter of the rockshaft to the center of lifting eye, I measured 5 1/4"
Thank you, that is the dimension I was looking for. that is the same as the cat 0 rockshaft. It looks like all I will have to do is cut the pivots out of it. how long is your upper center link?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you, that is the dimension I was looking for. that is the same as the cat 0 rockshaft. It looks like all I will have to do is cut the pivots out of it. how long is your upper center link?
The standard JD top link is 12 1/2" to 17" or so. Remember it is a hybrid with Cat 0 size hole at tractor end and Cat 1 at implement. If you go buy a Cat 1 top link to get additional length, you will have to bush the tractor end and likely have to grind the eyelet narrower to fit.

Maybe TJR345 can comment on his top link pictured? I think JD is only maker of this hybrid animal and assume he had to follow this process? I like his plugger a lot :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The standard JD top link is 12 1/2" to 17" or so. Remember it is a hybrid with Cat 0 size hole at tractor end and Cat 1 at implement. If you go buy a Cat 1 top link to get additional length, you will have to bush the tractor end and likely have to grind the eyelet narrower to fit.

Maybe TJR345 can comment on his top link pictured? I think JD is only maker of this hybrid animal and assume he had to follow this process? I like his plugger a lot :thumbup1gif:
Thanks again. looks like this is going to work nicely.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

The 3pt hitch is a Ruegg and came with the top link like that. (cat 0 at tractor and cat 1 at the other)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts