Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new user here. Looks like alot of good info here. I have an x475 which l bought a 47" blower for this past fall. Worked great for me, and now I'm taking it off to install the deck for spring. I took off the quick hitch, but cannot for the life of me get the long front drive shaft out. It seems locked in somehow. It certainly installed easily when l hooked it up..
No matter how l yank or turn on the yellow handle, it won't budge. Any thoughts??
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I assume you are talking the mid shaft. Do you have any pics? I don't know what you have on the front part of the tractor for sure. I have a X585 which is very similar but 4wd so my front axle is a bit different.

Normally you crawl under the tractor and there is another sliding collar on the rear transmission that you move to slide off the mid shaft. With the 4wd tractors there is a double spline that passes through the front axle to support the mid shaft.

This post has a pic of the shaft at the back of the tractor where you pull it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any pics right now..
Maybe that rear collar is what im missing here trying to take it off. I guess l didn't realize the rear portion of the mid shaft had a sliding collar on it, l thought it just slid over the PTO splines and locked in with the yellow handle on the front end.

·
Premium Member
17,175 Posts
I don't have any pics right now..
Maybe that rear collar is what im missing here trying to take it off. I guess l didn't realize the rear portion of the mid shaft had a sliding collar on it, l thought it just slid over the PTO splines and locked in with the yellow handle on the front end.
Nope,, locking collar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts