Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an X485 with a 45 front end loader. I installed the relief valve and the shutoff valve for the loader, and the loader worked fine for a couple of months and now the shut off valve no longer works. Even with the shutoff valve installed and in the correct position the rock shaft now continues to move up and down. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
jerrie is your tractor an X450?

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
jerrie is your tractor an X450?
For a 45 loader there is only x4X5, x5X5 and x7XX.

———-

To the op, if the valve does it’s job it’s physically impossible for the 3 point to move while operating the curl function. If a new valve failed quickly there must be debris in the hydro line that is preventing the valve from sealing.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Fixed it for you!:)

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I’ve tried to picture a failure of the hydraulic control valve that would lead to this, but it would take so many broken orings, and a cylinder with serious cross over leakage, and the lockout still not sealing to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had an x485, 425, and x749 all equipped with either a front loader or front attachments. Each of them had a "lock-out valve" but none of them actually locked the 3 point hitch and deck out. If there was weight hanging on the 3 point, it would drop while using the curl/angle function. Seems to be the way it is so I used the manual stop on the 3 point or the deck height adjuster on the deck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Badgerland01. You hit the nail on the head. Any weights on back will make it drop especially when try to curl loader. Understand the deck height adjustment. What do you mean by manual stop on 3 pt?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Badgerland01. You hit the nail on the head. Any weights on back will make it drop especially when try to curl loader. Understand the deck height adjustment. What do you mean by manual stop on 3 pt?
Yeah even with the bypass valve turned it will still move.

What he is talking about is the lower limit adjustment for the 3pt. If you lift it all the way up, you can adjust the lower limit stop all the way up so when you do the dump/curl function, the 3pt will still move but only maybe an inch or so down. The lower limit stop adjustment is made by the threaded rod that has a pin through it. I will say it sucks because it can be hard to turn and you have to crank and crank on it to go from one extreme to the other. Also with a quick hitch on the 3pt and the heavy hitch weight frame it can be a little hard to get your hand in there on the adjustment screw. For instance when you go from using the 3pt for ballast vs actual use like when I am using the box blade. As I have mentioned before my biggest complaint about the X is having 3pt/mower tied to the same hydraulics as the stuff used for the front.

The other day I was doing a bunch of dirt work where I was using the box blade and FEL to move dirt. I discovered if you just barely move the lever for dump/curl, you can dump without moving the 3pt. I mean just barely move it. Maybe I have my bypass valve turned a bit which allows this. I don't mess with the bypass valve much and just keep the 3pt from moving by turning the lower limit. This is mainly because I haven't put a mower deck on my tractor in over 3 years and I mainly just use the 3pt for ballast for the FEL which is about all my X585 is used for now. That and clearing snow with the front blade or blower.

Some people have cut slots in an old cheap socket so it fits over the end of the threaded rod and the pin goes through the slot. Then they use a cordless drill to adjust the lower limit. I should do this. I would recommend using a drill though and not an impact and set the clutch pretty loose. If you have never turned this, it might be a bit stiff and you may need to spray things down with penetrating oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts