Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,,thinking of getting rid of my x485 for a 2305 or 1026 so I can till my garden and maybe attach a snowblower , I have a 4320 utility with a big tiller need something more nimble and also have a mid mower for backup
Unless...........I can ad 3pt and pto to my x485 , rear pto, front pto and hitch
Anybody got any figures on cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
A snow blower, 3pt, and rear pto can be added to the x485. However, it may be more cost effective to get a tractor that has these options. :unknown:

Anther option would be to find a hydraulic tiller. It wouldn't need the rear pto.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Personally I would go with a 1026 or 1025 tractor. You already have two of the expensive attachments on the tractor, and four wheel drive, plus it uses the same fuel as your big tractor. I had a X728 and moved up to a 1025R and have not missed my old tractor yet. I know a rear pto is going to be atleast $500 or more, the hitch will probably be in the $400 range, plus a tiller. Depending what brand you go with an new one is going to be anywhere from $1200-$1800.

The X series tractors are great, I would never put them down, mine did everything I wanted and then some, but just wanted the little bigger machine to use a rotary cutter and other attachments where the limited cat 1 hitch held me up.

Good luck with your decision.

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trade up, and you will not regret it.
Bigger, usually always means more capability.

·
Registered
291 Posts
In MHO I would consider the 3pt hitch and PTO for your X485. The tiller is a wash anyway as you have to buy one for either machine and you will be out far more money selling your X485 and then buying a new machine than the price of the 2 additions to your current one. I bought an X485 this past winter and just love that thing. At some point I will probably add the 3pt and PTO kit to it so the tiller can be used on it as well as mowing. And if the 485 is your primary mower you won't be real happy going to a large machine as they ride awful compared to the X machine, my wife can mow our almost 5 acres in half the time on the X485 compared to our 2320 and they both have 62" decks as she can go much faster due to how well the X485 rides as our so called lawn is very rough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts