Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been done before, I had done a little looking and didn't see it anywhere. What I did was took John Deere 1 series Quick Attach loader ends and adapted them to the 45 Loader. The 1 series has 1" pins where as the 45 loader has 3/4 pins. So there are bushings pressed in and pinned so there is no chance of rotation or them coming out. All the bushings are straight with the exception of 1 that is eccentric seen in one of the photos. I have a 3/4 full length pin on the bottom as all the other JDQA's have, and that is pinned on both ends. The upper pins are the stock pins off the 45 bucket.
I still need to finish cutting the brackets off the back of the bucket and welding on the hooks and pins, but other then that its pretty much complete. Let me know what you think.
IMG_7436.JPG IMG_7452.JPG IMG_7481.JPG IMG_7474.JPG IMG_7475.JPG IMG_7479.JPG

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
That is a cool idea. I don't have the 45 series FEL but have the CTC version. I would imagine if I were to look at it hard enough I could find a way to do this same modification.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a cool idea. I don't have the 45 series FEL but have the CTC version. I would imagine if I were to look at it hard enough I could find a way to do this same modification.
sennister, Probably, My arms were a little narrower then the inside width of the QA Brackets. So if I needed to I could have shimmed them one way or the other. So if your loader arms are not line on line with were the brackets are, you can move and shim them to favor which ever side you need to. Or you could get lucky and they are spot on. Good Luck if you do it, and let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
You will never regret making this change, nice job :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I believe that it was done by another member X748SE.I'm sure when he sees this he can share his pics.Nice work.:good2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will never regret making this change, nice job :thumbup1gif:
Thank you Kenny

I believe that it was done by another member X748SE.I'm sure when he sees this he can share his pics.Nice work.:good2:
Thanks very much, I appreciate it. It would be nice to see what others have done as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally was able to finish up this past weekend. I cut the pin on brackets off the bucket, cut out some .2500" COR-TEN steel plates, welded the hooks on, and turned up the pins, and they are welded through the plate for added strength. Squirted on some JD Green paint and we're off. IMG_7530.JPG

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jkochis82,

Real nice adaptation of the 1 series JDQA brackets for the 45 loader. :good2:

As Kennyd stated you will never regret doing this. I know that I haven't.

I custom made some JDQA brackets for my 45 loader so that I could easily swap between a bucket, a set of custom forks and now a custom grapple that I'm currently working on.

P1050860-1a.jpg P1010347a.jpg

With JDQA brackets the swap over takes less than a minute to change from bucket to forks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jkochis82,

Real nice adaptation of the 1 series JDQA brackets for the 45 loader. :good2:

As Kennyd stated you will never regret doing this. I know that I haven't.

I custom made some JDQA brackets for my 45 loader so that I could easily swap between a bucket, a set of custom forks and now a custom grapple that I'm currently working on.

View attachment 412530 View attachment 412538

With JDQA brackets the swap over takes less than a minute to change from bucket to forks.
Thanks very much. Its great to have the interchangeability between loader attachments with the X and the 3039R. After someone commented that you have done something similar I had found your youtube video of what you had done. Yours look great as well. I really wanted to go for the John Deere Factory look, and the what they should have done but didnt. I have the Frontier grapple for the 3039 that will now attach to the X495, but I dont have the H3 configuration yet, and its a bit heavy. I like the look of your grapple, rugged and still lightweight.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jkochis82,

I re-read your initial post and I'm wondering WHY one of the bushings is eccentric while the others are all straight. Was there a slight defect in one of the JDQA brackets or did it come that way on purpose?

Just wondering?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jkochis82,

I re-read your initial post and I'm wondering WHY one of the bushings is eccentric while the others are all straight. Was there a slight defect in one of the JDQA brackets or did it come that way on purpose?

Just wondering?
Its something John Deere did on purpose, that way there is no need for retaining pins, the washer and nut hold it on and it cant rotate. This is a screenshot from their website:
PIN.png
So I had to emulate that head when I made my bushings, I then drilled a .2500" hole through the arm, the bushing, then pin(which had the .2500" hole in it already) and used a 1/4 roll pin to hold it all together.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its something John Deere did on purpose, that way there is no need for retaining pins, the washer and nut hold it on and it cant rotate. This is a screenshot from their website:
View attachment 423274
So I had to emulate that head when I made my bushings, I then drilled a .2500" hole through the arm, the bushing, then pin(which had the .2500" hole in it already) and used a 1/4 roll pin to hold it all together.
Jkochis82,

Thanks for explaining this, makes sense now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jkochis82,

thank you very much for your explanation. Could you try to prepare shopping list of your JDQA parts.
Specially the top pin (3/4) be on my focus. Do you have the part-no?

walterbusch

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jkochis82,

thank you very much for your explanation. Could you try to prepare shopping list of your JDQA parts.
Specially the top pin (3/4) be on my focus. Do you have the part-no?

walterbusch
Walterbusch - For the top pin I used the stock pin from the tractor, I had to make that eccentric bushing for the JDQA bracket. I then drilled through the bracket, bushing and pin and used a .250" roll pin to hold in place. The lower 1 piece stay rod was a piece of 304 Stainless 3/4 rod I had at work. I cut that to length and once installed I drilled the holes to bolt in place. but the parts I used with the JD part numbers are listed below. If you have any additional questions Id be more then happy to help.

W50722 Loader End Left
W50723 Loader End RIght
W43359 Top Hook (Bucket or other Implement side)
AW30903 Pin and Cable Lanyard

The weld on Pin I made at work, but there is a part number where you can purchase them, If I come across it I will post it as well. Hope that helps and again let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jkochis82

I was thinking about doing something similar this spring... I have a few questions...

1- what material did you use for the bushings?
2- I guess the most important thing is the pin-pin spacing on the bucket (if you want to later use standard JDQA attachments). What is the center - center dimension of those pins on the bucket?
3- did you have to offset the JDQA brackets in the loader arms, and by how much?
4- Now that you did it, any regrets/concerns/problems?

thanks
matt

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jkochis82

I was thinking about doing something similar this spring... I have a few questions...

1- what material did you use for the bushings?
2- I guess the most important thing is the pin-pin spacing on the bucket (if you want to later use standard JDQA attachments). What is the center - center dimension of those pins on the bucket?
3- did you have to offset the JDQA brackets in the loader arms, and by how much?
4- Now that you did it, any regrets/concerns/problems?

thanks
matt
Good Morning Matt,
1) The bushings are made from 1018 steel, but in this case its really irrelevant because the pins rotate in the arm/cylinders, not the bushings so you can really make them out of whatever steel you have.
2) I don't know the Pin to Pin Dim off the top of my head, but the spacing on the arms I purchased compared to the spacing on the stock pin on bucket was within .2500" so it wasn't anything I needed to be concerned with.
3) I didn't necessarily need to shim left to right, but I did use some hard washers to take up any gap to prevent the arms from walking side to side during use.
4) No regrets what so ever, the only problem I have is when I put my pallet forks on, they are extra heavy (made for my 3039R) I don't have as much lifting capacity. But works great for everything I need it for, and its more convenient to use it then getting out the larger tractor.

Hope that helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 423274
Would it be easier to buy the JD eccentric pin and turn it down to 3/4 on the lathe and use one bushing on the other side?
Also, why is it important that this pin not be able to rotate in the first place?
I've got a 40 loader on a 455 and I'm interested in doing the same thing....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know this thread is older, but I want to switch my model 45 loader on the X748, over to the quick attach.

If I buy the John Deere holders W50722, and W50723, and make the bushings to fit, will they be at the correct spacing that I would be able to buy the forks that are made for the H120 loader?

And does anybody know what the bucket on the 45 loader weighs? I tried looking up a parts list for the 45 loader, but the only thing I can find is the 45 loader for the farm tractor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts