Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my deck options for an x495? Currently it has a 54c, but I would prefer something larger. I really like the 60 inch deck on my 445.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
So you bought the thing? Congrats!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
What are my deck options for an x495? Currently it has a 54c, but I would prefer something larger. I really like the 60 inch deck on my 445.

62c,they seemed to be more popular then the 54c.If you find one and it doesn't have the anti blowout kit get the kit well worth it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My 2004 x495 was purchased used with 2400+ hours on it and it had the 62C deck. It was owned by a local cemetery, so it had really hard use...but the tractor and deck stood up very well to all that. Your tractor probably does not have anywhere near that many hours...

I did replace some brackets and the rubber isolation bushings and the hex belt of course that drives the spindles from the angle gear box that the shaft drive runs.

Here is some info on these decks that might be useful when choosing between them:

View attachment OMM 146676 62C manual.pdf

Chuck

OOPS -- here is the other document: View attachment mower info from TM2024 X495 service manual.pdf

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2004 x495 was purchased used with 2400+ hours on it and it had the 62C deck. It was owned by a local cemetery, so it had really hard use...but the tractor and deck stood up very well to all that. Your tractor probably does not have anywhere near that many hours...

I did replace some brackets and the rubber isolation bushings and the hex belt of course that drives the spindles from the angle gear box that the shaft drive runs.

Here is some info on these decks that might be useful when choosing between them:

View attachment 635482

Chuck

OOPS -- here is the other document: View attachment 635484
Can’t seem to open the document.

·
Premium Member
7,720 Posts
62c,they seemed to be more popular then the 54c.If you find one and it doesn't have the anti blowout kit get the kit well worth it.
I am going to add the blow out kit to my 62C deck. Thanks for the vote of confidence :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
For some reason, the 62C decks seem to be for sale often in our area. Also, dealers will end up with decks when machines which aren't functional are "traded in". So do drive through's behind any of your area Deere dealers to see what's out behind the repair shop. If you see something, stop and ask, You never know......That way you can get all of the mounting brackets, etc. to make it easy. Some might even have the Power Flow if you are looking for that option.

Check with the companies who part out L & G tractors and sell used parts. Also, don't hesitate to run an ad in your area seeking the deck. My friend who owns the local small engine repair / mower sales and service will end up with tractors which customers don't want to repair when they have a major failure or even "trade in" on new Zero turn mowers.

He is so busy that he doesn't part the tractors out, but if someone stops by and is looking for something he has, he would sell it to them. Otherwise, he accumulates several machines and then sells them to a company that parts them out or in some cases, if the machine is in decent shape, he will repair the machines at his cost and sell them. It keeps his service techs working between seasons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For some reason, the 62C decks seem to be for sale often in our area. Also, dealers will end up with decks when machines which aren't functional are "traded in". So do drive through's behind any of your area Deere dealers to see what's out behind the repair shop. If you see something, stop and ask, You never know......That way you can get all of the mounting brackets, etc. to make it easy. Some might even have the Power Flow if you are looking for that option.

Check with the companies who part out L & G tractors and sell used parts. Also, don't hesitate to run an ad in your area seeking the deck. My friend who owns the local small engine repair / mower sales and service will end up with tractors which customers don't want to repair when they have a major failure or even "trade in" on new Zero turn mowers.

He is so busy that he doesn't part the tractors out, but if someone stops by and is looking for something he has, he would sell it to them. Otherwise, he accumulates several machines and then sells them to a company that parts them out or in some cases, if the machine is in decent shape, he will repair the machines at his cost and sell them. It keeps his service techs working between seasons.
Good ideas. I’m going to post an ad right now.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I am going to add the blow out kit to my 62C deck. Thanks for the vote of confidence :bigthumb:
I had a problem with the grass blowing out the front,getting on the deck and then sucked up by the rad fan.The kit solved that and with gator blades I have a great cut and the clippings chop up small.I think the kit helps cycle the clippings to get chopped finer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts